Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

TRD JBL Package + Bluetooth.. If I go aftermarket, can i retain the Bluetooth?

Old 12-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Airwolf NSX is on a distinguished road

Airwolf NSX's Tacoma Gallery
TRD JBL Package + Bluetooth.. If I go aftermarket, can i retain the Bluetooth?

I'm just looking into options here, but if i went with an aftermarket stereo system, can i still retain the bluetooth function that comes with the tacoma?

Say i remove the OEM unit and put in a Pioneer touch screen navi.. Can i still use the bluetooth that comes with the car?

(Not sure if the bluetooth is an integral part of the OEM stereo system)
Old 12-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
No. Its part of the stereo.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Airwolf NSX is on a distinguished road

Airwolf NSX's Tacoma Gallery
do you know if the bluetooth feature is even worth the price? I have a BluAnt Bluetooth speaker system for my other car and it's.. eh. Doesn't work THAT well due to road noise and interference.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well if you get the JBL system you get it. At least I did. I didn't want the JBL system at all since I'll probably rip it out in a year or so. I do use the bluetooth and it works well. My callers can hear me well and I can hear them well.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
No and yes. Many pioneer systems come with Bluetooth capabilities but you will need to purchase a special module/adapter for it to work with the taco. If you get the sub with the package too, you'll also need a module for that. And you'll need one to operate the steering wheel controls with the after market headunit too.

I have the JBL premium package and I just put a pioneer p3100 in my truck. I purchased the modules for the steering wheel controls and the sub but I didn't have enough cash for the Bluetooth. I miss the feature tho so I'll definitely be going back and purchasing it.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do you know if the bluetooth feature is even worth the price? I have a BluAnt Bluetooth speaker system for my other car and it's.. eh. Doesn't work THAT well due to road noise and interference.
The bluetooth works great. Everyone says it is a big improvement compared to the two previous systems I had in my '08 Accord(Cig Blu(crap) and Parrot).