Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

What is cheapest way to improve sound quality of stock stereo?

Old 01-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
What is cheapest way to improve sound quality of stock stereo?

I am sure this may have been covered here before but I am too lazy to search. I have the stock 6 CD changer (without JBL) in my double cab Taco. I'd prefer to keep the stock look with the head unit but I'd like to improve the sound quality. So what can I do to achieve this?
Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
JBTuncc is on a distinguished road
Name: John
JBTuncc's Tacoma Gallery
With that head unit the only options would be speakers or a subwoofer. You'll notice the biggest difference with the sub. I just did a h/u and speakers in my doors and the clarity is better but the bass actually got worse.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTuncc View Post
With that head unit the only options would be speakers or a subwoofer. You'll notice the biggest difference with the sub. I just did a h/u and speakers in my doors and the clarity is better but the bass actually got worse.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I powered my door speakers with an amp. Putting 6x9s in will also help with bass issues if you don't want to buy a sub.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
junval is on a distinguished road
junval's Tacoma Gallery
I want to put a sub in does the stock head unit have rca jacks to connect a amp
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm too lazy to search if this was suggested but the cheapest way to improve the sound of the stock HU is to set fire to it.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by junval View Post
I want to put a sub in does the stock head unit have rca jacks to connect a amp

No, you have to get an adapter. I'm speaking about the single disc unit BTW.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
I am sure this may have been covered here before but I am too lazy to search. I have the stock 6 CD changer (without JBL) in my double cab Taco. I'd prefer to keep the stock look with the head unit but I'd like to improve the sound quality. So what can I do to achieve this?

I got a 40x4 Alpine amp and some really good speakers (MBs), sounds good up to volume level 30.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
I'm too lazy to search if this was suggested but the cheapest way to improve the sound of the stock HU is to set fire to it.
Ha Ha, that's funny
Old 01-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #9
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
Ha Ha, that's funny
And it may or may not be true.