Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How to Keep the Radio Steering Wheel Control w/ New Radio

Old 03-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
lmlefty is on a distinguished road
lmlefty's Tacoma Gallery
How to Keep the Radio Steering Wheel Control w/ New Radio

I am considering gettting a high definition radio for my 06 double cab Tacoma. However, I love the steering wheel volume and station controls I currently have and do not want to lose them.

Has anyone replaced their radio and been able to keep the steering wheel controls for the radio after replacing it with an aftermarket radio? In particular was it a high definition with all the extra upper bands that are found with some of the better radio stations?

Thanks,
Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
You will need an interface such as the one below for your particular vehicle however I'm not sure on the HD Radio part.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...rol&i=127SWIPS
Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
lmlefty is on a distinguished road
lmlefty's Tacoma Gallery
Crutchfield link for wiring to keep steering wheel radio controls

thanks for the quick response.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Your welcome