11-25, average with windows up 20 12.58%
25-40, gettin down in the taco 57 35.85%
40-50, windows down rockin out 31 19.50%
50+, windows down, rockin out on the air guitar singin FREE BIRD 17 10.69%
Max.....need a louder system 32 20.13%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
How loud?

Seeming the trend with polls these days, the "what music do you listen to" in your taco thread got me thinking.

How loud you normally listen to your music in your truck?

By myself i usually push it to around the 40's but when i'm with people i usually keep it around 20's. Mainly for safety purposes. But if i'm really feeling the music it wouldnt be a huge stretch for me to push those cruddy stock speakers to the max air drumming the whole way.

with one hand on the wheel at all time of course gotta practice safe air drumming.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
its not the air guitar for me...more like the steering wheel drum set!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
50+ for me....but only because im half deaf and cant hear shit.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
max, because im a kid, and usually don't wanna talk to the other person in the car
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I had the stock speakers replaced with All Alpine units in the doors and a 4 channel Alpine amp so the stock setup was week at 30 and usually ran it in the 45 to 50 range. Now with the custom unit and stock deck Im at the 25 to 30 range. Unless its summertime and windows down its in the 45 range.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #8
Taco Man Sam
Ese Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEse Loco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ese Loco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm really wanting to get an aftermarket system in my taco, I'm thinking 2 JL3TW5's on 1000 watts rms had it in my old stationwagon lets see if we can do it in the taco haha

maybe 4x45W or up RMS for the doors to even it out

Alpine PDX amps maybe?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The stock radio non JBL at the loudest isn't all that loud... Sounds good tho....
Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I usually rock out while i'm driving so 50+ Windows down with the horn a blowin lol
Old 01-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Have it loud most of the time. I love my music. I'm still rocking the stock JBL system though. I'll change that out one of these days.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Mostly listening to XM channels these days. Blue Collar Comedy = 30, Classic Vinyl = 40+.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
25-40. Probably closer to 40.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:43 AM   #16
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
its not the air guitar for me...more like the steering wheel drum set!
x2 haha sometimes i feel like the steering wheel is going to get bent on the hard songs haha
Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 AM   #17
comatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the roughcomatosed is a jewel in the rough
comatosed's Tacoma Gallery
I find myself maxing the stereo out quite often. I listen to a lot of live recordings that seem to be lower volume. Hopefully getting an AVN726E will fix this, anyone know what the stock head unit pushes RMS wise?
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #18
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
With my stock HU, when it worked, I had it maxed out with the windows down. Now with my Pioneer HU I usualy keep it around 30-40 I'm scared to blow the stock speakers.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #19
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
Well my system max's out at 30. My average volume is 19-24 cuz i dont feel like replacing speakers but its pushing 102 decibels with my kickers so I'm happy
Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #20
bigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud ofbigyetti has much to be proud of
Name: mike
bigyetti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
love the spinal tap reference