1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eclipse AVN726E Installed

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RMAC757, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    ubugarrity

ubugarrity Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    I've tried to have a switch to keep the power on when I turn the key off. (really annoying when you stop for gas) The installer put a switch in that kept it on when you took the key out but when you go to start the truck, the screen resets to the warning screen. I then ran a pos and neg wire right from the battery... hooked the pos to the red and yellow and the neg to the ground and still get the reset when I start the truck. I talked to tech support and he said constant power to the yellow should do the trick. Any ideas?

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I think that's a bad idea. Things on the vehicle turn off for a reason when you start your truck.

3. Feb 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    I've been wanting to get this unit, but I looked on Crutchfield.com today and its been discontinued. Whats up with that?:confused:

4. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    newkids

newkids Member

Member:
    Crutchfield discontinued the unit. I asked them before I bought it how many they had left and they said they will not be getting anymore in.

On another note, is anyone having trouble with the iPhone phonebook transfer? I have connected and paired my iPhone via Bluetooth and I can make an receive calls but when I try to transfer the phonebook it just says "Operate your Phone" (which makes no sense, as it disconnects Bluetooth during this attempt). Any suggestions?

5. Feb 13, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    When you transfer the phone book you should have an option on your phone to "send via blue tooth" or something similar. You hit that and then it reconnects and throws it over. Mine took a few times; in fact, I had to use my sim card in my girlfriends blackberry to get it to work but it finally did.

6. Feb 15, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Yes and I find that if you have anything like email address, address, bdate and pictures on your contacts it won't send that via bluetooth and instead you get an error.

7. Feb 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    sirsaechao

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    That is because Eclipse is shutting their doors but the parent company Fujitsu Ten will still be open but is only focused on OEM audio.

8. Feb 15, 2010 at 6:54 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    probably why I cant get my contacts to transfer. My palm pre is connected to my outlook at work, so my contacts list is huge, and filled with company names, emails, bdays, etc.

Not a big deal to transfer all that stuff to me, I am more interested in the bluetooth for the hands free talking.

9. Feb 15, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    sirsaechao

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    Yep you basically have to duplicate your name and number only and that means just one name (first and last) and one phone number...not a mobile and home. Thats what I did.

10. Feb 15, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    Thanks for that info.

11. Feb 16, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    newkids

newkids Member

Member:
    I also got an e-mail from Eclipse tech support with the same instructions to change the boot-up image. I've followed them to a T but it's still not working. Just sent them an e-mail earlier today asking them what they suggest I do.

12. Mar 3, 2010 at 11:48 PM
    fullback

fullback Well-Known Member

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab TRD short bed
    HI Iam in NJ too last week i was going to Blue Mountain in My Taco and this AVN726E could not find the Blue mountain address, also when iam heading North on 95 north (NJTPK) in some sections it showes it to ne 95 south. ?? my installer told me he could not hookup the Rear camera to the AVN726 ? you are right it does not allow you to enter #s when inputing address.

13. Mar 4, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    fullback

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab TRD short bed
    new kid i just transferred all my phone book to the AVN726E ten # at a time , when you hit the transfer button messeg on you phone quickly comes on and says blue tooth disconected go to blue tooth option then eclips optind hit send name card i followed this and it worked if not call 800# tech help and Dale in calif. can help you I am on first name bases with him now LOL
    one question does your blue tooth keep going in and out at times???

14. Mar 4, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    sirsaechao

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    You can. They make a Eclipse specific rear camera ( http://www.eclipse-web.com/us/acce/bec108.html ). I just stuck with my Boyo VTL-300 and hooked it in the VTR output. I have to turn it on manually. WV Tacoma stated he hooked up a aftermarket rear camera to his 6620 and tapped into the wiring and got it working when putting in 'R', it should be the same or similar with the AVN726E:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/78495-avn-6620-back-up-camera.html#post1498770

15. Mar 4, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    polox40

polox40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ONTARIO
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT 4X4
    TOYOTA ALUMINUM STEP BAR, 3M HOOD FILM, WEATHERTECH FLOOR MATS, 7" DD WITH BACKUP CAMERA, TRD SEAT COVERS
    I came upon a site that sold a adapter cable that would let you install a aftermarket camera into the eclipse output and connect to a after market camera and that it would work when you shifted into reverse, it was 40$, i was thinking about getting it in case my bec 108 craps out and i cant get a replacement, I forgot to bookmark it and i will try to find it again, I'm on lunch now , I'll look in my browsing history tonight.

16. Mar 4, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    Canadian Max

Canadian Max Yamaha

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    In the Garage
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4X4
    2010 TRD Sport 4 door Speedway Blue 4" Nerf Bars Vent visors Weathertechs Mats Hella 500 HID Mod Bull Bar Devil Horns Eclipse AVN 726E Energy Speakers
    I'm about to pull the trigger on an Eclipse AVN726 due to the many positive reviews lised on this site!
    Have any tips on the install? Extras that I need??
    If you guys had to do it again which face plate would you get?
    I have read the unit is plug and play is this so? If not do I need a wiring harness?
    2010 Sport
    Thanks Guys...

17. Mar 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    you do need the wiring harness, this just converts the factory to the eclipse. when hooking up the steering wheel controls pay attention to the colors, there is a violet and a purple, use the purple, you will know what I mean. also if you are going to do the sat radio for sirius, the interface that is needed is getting very scarse since this model and eclipse is virtually discontinued. if you are thinking of going sirius, get the stuff now or you will not find it later. where are you getting the 726e, I thought I bought the last one sonic electronix had...I noticed a lot of other places were out, or backordered. let me know if you need help. I really like mine, there are a few things that bug me. 1 is the gps, it is accurate dont get me wrong, but it is not quite as accurate as the garmin I had previously. when I am in my driveway it is one address off, I also really think it needs an update for the gps. I think I will just call eclipse about that. 2nd I dont like how when you have the unit on gps and ipod playing it only shows you the track # and not the name. minor details, but overall it is a great unit. cant wait to hook an amp and sub to it, as currently I am just running aftermarket speakers, still sounds great. sirius is awesome on it, fast to change channels, and lots of presets. I used te metra / black faceplate, I really like it although some say they have fitment issues, mine is tight and allows full movement of the tilt screen. pics in my gallery. also be very careful pulling the clock out of your factory faceplate, it is real easy to get in a hurry and break a clip. get it in some good light and look for the tabs to slip it out.

18. Mar 4, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    fullback

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab TRD short bed
    Hi The Tacomas come in with XM antena already built in the car at least mine did 2009 Taco, i went with the aftermarket XM tuner by Audivox great price but interface is a issue as far as the antena goes The fit kit fro Toyota is $100 for a square connections and some double sided tape I didnt want to pay so i went cheap and can not use the factory antena . the other issue the GPS as the other fellow mentioned but i believe it is a softwear issue . other thatn that its a ok unit i paid $700 from Amazon the faceplate i used is scoush n I am not happy with the fit looks aftermarket for all that money i expected better fit. I will post some pictures soon .

19. Mar 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    Looks good!

20. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:55 AM
    Canadian Max

Canadian Max Yamaha

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    In the Garage
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD 4X4
    2010 TRD Sport 4 door Speedway Blue 4" Nerf Bars Vent visors Weathertechs Mats Hella 500 HID Mod Bull Bar Devil Horns Eclipse AVN 726E Energy Speakers
    The Metra Dash kit arrived, I'm waiting on the Wiring harness and the Eclipse head unit ;) Wondering if anyone has changed the Head unit wallpaper could pm me the files so I could make my own :confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top