LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

whine in audio

Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
whine in audio

I have my new audio system installed. looks good (thanks for the input from here) and sounds good at a decent volume. the problem is at low volume or no volume ( as in volume turned all the way down with head unit still on) it has a engine whine noise, how do I get rid of this? Set up, power wire down the middle console, speaker wires on the out side channel by the door.
thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
zanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to allzanodave is a name known to all

Army:
zanodave's Tacoma Gallery
have you double checked your ground? next i would check your rca cables
Old 01-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #3
Kevin20 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
Kevin20's Tacoma Gallery
I know some decks have problems with the grounding of their RCA's on the back of them and they need to be regrounded. Pioneers are the comapany that have the main problem with it. just an idea
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
tntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud oftntacoma has much to be proud of

Army: rangers all the way
tntacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think I may have found the problem. ( thanks wolfpack for the link) It is the ground on my amp. I grounded to a bolt that is body grounded and not frame grounded if that explanation makes any sense to anyone, moved ground and is all good so far.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
There have been countless threads with people asking this same exact question. 99% of the time it is the ground wire. I promise you there is no interference from any power wires.

Check your ground and maybe consider moving it. I also recommend using a multi meter to find a good location.