1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kenwood DDX, DNX OEM Splash Image and Background

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by netmagi, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Jan 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    netmagi

netmagi [OP] Membrrrrrr

Member:
    Slatington, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR
    Just put in a DNX 5140 and wanted to do a custom startup image and custom BG.

I've read posts and threads from all over the place and everyone is saying 480 x 234 for the pixel size. This seems incorrect for these units. . maybe for the 5170+, but not the lesser units with the 6.1" LCD. Anyway, I found that 440 x 234 seems to fit well and fills both horizontally and vertically.

I have the stock red/orange dash illumination, and for the 5140 I'm running custom RGB color scheme of full red, and I believe 2 for the green value. Seems to match the dash well. .

The stock BG image doesn't do this HU justice, so I made the following to match the stock illumination in the 2nd gen taco's:

[​IMG]

Next. . custom boot image. I suppose, this will only do those of you with a TRD Off Road any good, but I know there's a quite a few so I'll share:

[​IMG]

How to change the BG image (the first one) is detailed in the manual, but changing the OEM boot image is a little tricker:

With the truck on:

1) Hold down the SRC and EJECT buttons

2) Press the "RESET" button (bottom left of unit), and release

3) KEEP HOLDING DOWN the buttons from step 1. If you let go, start over. Keep holding them until the unit turns on and a screen displays "Kenwood Image" & "OEM Image"

4) Release buttons from step 1

5) Connect a flash drive (thumb drive, memory stick, bla bla bla) to the USB port at the end of the cable attached to your HU that has the JPEG image you want to use on it. Image should be 440 x 234 pixels for best fit. Every other site on the world will tell you a different size, but this size worked best for me. The image should be in the ROOT of the flash drive, no sub-folders.

6) choose "OEM Image" and select the JPEG you want as the boot image, and select "ENTER. It'll say writing and take a good long time to do it. Once complete, it'll return to the OEM Image menu.

7) Turn off the truck

8) Turn back on, enjoy your new splash screen :)

-Rich

2. Jan 10, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    All Vol 14

All Vol 14 Member

Member:
    This will come in handy thanks!!

3. Jan 10, 2010 at 8:04 AM
    REVHARD25

REVHARD25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    RUGGED TRAIL PACKAGE
    Tint on front windows. Dnx7120 kenwood. Rear tsb springs. Wet okoles seat covers UWS truck box Weathertech floor mats TSB floor mat hook grommets Satoshi grill AFE drop in filter Fumoto drain valve Bed mat
    do you know if this will work for the dnx 7120

4. Jan 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    netmagi

netmagi [OP] Membrrrrrr

Member:
    Slatington, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD OR
    I honestly don't know. Try it and let us know :)

5. May 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    tunedx

tunedx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    X-Runner
    Anyone know if I could upload photo of my truck and use that as the startup image?

Products Discussed in

To Top