1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best performing Bluetooth for iPhone

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by pokeng, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    pokeng

pokeng [OP] Married With Children

Member:
    North of Austin/West of Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    Finally going to replace the stock (P.O.S.) headunit with a double-DIN aftermarket unit. THE most valuable feature to me is a good-sounding (for both me and the caller) Bluetooth option to connect to my iPhone. I'm not going to stream music from the iPhone using Bluetooth, just make calls (I'll connect my iPod using a cable for that). Anyone have a recommendation that won't leave me sounding like I'm in a tin can? I need some quality for business calls. Thanks.

2. Jan 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    pokeng

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    I guess all Bluetooth sucks. Bump in case someone's found something decent.

3. Jan 15, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Check out the pioneer premier fh-p800bt. Pretty inexpensive and bluetooth sounds great. I have an iphone and once the mic was placed on the drivers side A pillar and facing me, there are no complaints. FYI, if you get a double DIN I'd recommend a black metra. Tried the grey and it looked a little cheesy. Black looks good and the metra uses the factory metal brackets so it's solid as can be in the dash.

The only negative with the pioneer premier fh-p800bt is the blue lighting. I'm getting use to it but wish it had the orange option to match the rest of the truck.

4. Jan 15, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    Gadget@URD

Gadget@URD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Southern Maryland USA
    Vehicle:
    URD Supercharged XRunner
    I have the Pioneer X710BT in my 4Runner and the blue tooth works very well.

Gadget

5. Jan 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    the Pioneer systems have one of the best in the market. I have the Pioneer U310-BT It is super clear.

6. Jan 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    tc2008

tc2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    pioneer Z110bt best one in the market if you looking for bluetooth clarity...

7. Jan 16, 2010 at 4:00 PM
    pokeng

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    I learned a little more from a local shop. The owner claims Parrot has the best BT performance. Both Pioneer and Kenwood use Parrot for their BT functions, not sure if any others do. Also said that every year the quality improves, so avoid the older models.

Thanks for the recommendations. Leaning toward the AVIC-Z110BT. They sure are proud ($$$) of that thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top