Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

best performing Bluetooth for iPhone

Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Married With Children
pokeng will become famous soon enoughpokeng will become famous soon enough

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
best performing Bluetooth for iPhone

Finally going to replace the stock (P.O.S.) headunit with a double-DIN aftermarket unit. THE most valuable feature to me is a good-sounding (for both me and the caller) Bluetooth option to connect to my iPhone. I'm not going to stream music from the iPhone using Bluetooth, just make calls (I'll connect my iPod using a cable for that). Anyone have a recommendation that won't leave me sounding like I'm in a tin can? I need some quality for business calls. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Married With Children

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
I guess all Bluetooth sucks. Bump in case someone's found something decent.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
JTDTacoma is on a distinguished road
JTDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the pioneer premier fh-p800bt. Pretty inexpensive and bluetooth sounds great. I have an iphone and once the mic was placed on the drivers side A pillar and facing me, there are no complaints. FYI, if you get a double DIN I'd recommend a black metra. Tried the grey and it looked a little cheesy. Black looks good and the metra uses the factory metal brackets so it's solid as can be in the dash.

The only negative with the pioneer premier fh-p800bt is the blue lighting. I'm getting use to it but wish it had the orange option to match the rest of the truck.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Pioneer X710BT in my 4Runner and the blue tooth works very well.

Gadget
Old 01-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
the Pioneer systems have one of the best in the market. I have the Pioneer U310-BT It is super clear.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
tc2008 has a spectacular aura abouttc2008 has a spectacular aura about

tc2008's Tacoma Gallery
pioneer Z110bt best one in the market if you looking for bluetooth clarity...
Old 01-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Married With Children

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
I learned a little more from a local shop. The owner claims Parrot has the best BT performance. Both Pioneer and Kenwood use Parrot for their BT functions, not sure if any others do. Also said that every year the quality improves, so avoid the older models.

Thanks for the recommendations. Leaning toward the AVIC-Z110BT. They sure are proud ($$$) of that thing.