1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod2car: cut the green wire?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by markustyson, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mar 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM
    markustyson

markustyson [OP] Member

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x2
    Instructions with the unit said that I need to cut the green wire on the PXHTY3 harness. I've hooked it up, and it works. The only issue would be that the time display flashes 1:00/2:00. Will cutting the green wire change this? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Thanks. (08 Tacoma).

2. Mar 21, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    tommyboy2929

tommyboy2929 Active Member

Member:
    sacramento cali.
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab TRD Off Road
    Sport Hood(hood scoop), Chrome Nerf Bars, wheels, k&n intake, magnaflow exhaust, pioneer D3, focal speaker, and alpine pdx amp. soon to be more!
    i have an 08 tacoma and mine does the same thing. i didnt cut the green wire though... is your volume a little lower than normal?

3. Mar 21, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    markustyson

markustyson [OP] Member

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma 4x2
    yeah, a bit lower. I have to crank the volume to the 30's on the stereo. I just installed it about an hour ago.

4. Mar 21, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I never cut anything on mine.

I bought the ipod2car off ebay and just slapped it on - no instructions came with it.

I'd call Peripheral Electronics and question them about it. If you're lucky, you'll get someone who HAS a clue. :D

Or, if you're adventurous....go ahead and cut it - just make sure you can solder it back together if you need to. I honestly don't know what or why you'd cut anything....??

My stereo will go up to about 65 on the volume before saying max. It's not all that loud - but I've been working on my MP3 collection to correct the volume and inconsistancies with the files. I've been using MP3Gain (free program) to adjust everything to the same level. I'm hoping....after this is done and when I sync again - I can turn off the sound check in both itunes & within the ipod. When sound check is turned ON within the ipod, the music is much softer. (I'm still learning about all this ipod/itunes stuff)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Mar 21, 2008 at 9:21 PM
    TacoMon

TacoMon Northern Alliance Gynecologist

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SB TRD Sport Indigo Ink Pearl
    TRD stickers removed, oem running boards, ipod2car, Combi-cam locks for bed storage doors, Covermaster E-300 tonneau cover
    Did you set the number 6 dipswitch to "on"? If not the sound may be lower than it should.

Products Discussed in

To Top