Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

iPod2car: cut the green wire?

Old 03-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
markustyson is on a distinguished road
markustyson's Tacoma Gallery
iPod2car: cut the green wire?

Instructions with the unit said that I need to cut the green wire on the PXHTY3 harness. I've hooked it up, and it works. The only issue would be that the time display flashes 1:00/2:00. Will cutting the green wire change this? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue. Thanks. (08 Tacoma).
Old 03-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
tommyboy2929 is on a distinguished road
tommyboy2929's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tommyboy2929
i have an 08 tacoma and mine does the same thing. i didnt cut the green wire though... is your volume a little lower than normal?
Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
markustyson is on a distinguished road
markustyson's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, a bit lower. I have to crank the volume to the 30's on the stereo. I just installed it about an hour ago.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I never cut anything on mine.

I bought the ipod2car off ebay and just slapped it on - no instructions came with it.

I'd call Peripheral Electronics and question them about it. If you're lucky, you'll get someone who HAS a clue.

Or, if you're adventurous....go ahead and cut it - just make sure you can solder it back together if you need to. I honestly don't know what or why you'd cut anything....??

My stereo will go up to about 65 on the volume before saying max. It's not all that loud - but I've been working on my MP3 collection to correct the volume and inconsistancies with the files. I've been using MP3Gain (free program) to adjust everything to the same level. I'm hoping....after this is done and when I sync again - I can turn off the sound check in both itunes & within the ipod. When sound check is turned ON within the ipod, the music is much softer. (I'm still learning about all this ipod/itunes stuff)
Old 03-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Northern Alliance Gynecologist
TacoMon is on a distinguished road

TacoMon's Tacoma Gallery
Did you set the number 6 dipswitch to "on"? If not the sound may be lower than it should.