Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Speaking of Tang Band

Old 01-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of Tang Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqrG4IDldRk

So, I read in a post on here (Youtube) that the bass from the 5 1/4" was due to the box being long which gives off the resonance. I have an access cab, in that little storage area where the jack and tire iron is, would it be okay if I made something like this but with 6.5" subs in there? do I need to have a vent? will it work better or just the same with/without the port? Not being in an open area like in the video, will being in an enclosed area lower the bass response? if you add in say three more 6.5" subs, will this shorten the resonance the box will be projecting if it had only one sub?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you will need a vent, that the whole point behind the t-line box. Realistically you can see how BIG the boxes are in a T-line, look at the size of that one for just a 5.25" driver. Interesting you posted this...I have a friend building me a one for a JL 8" driver, I wanna experiment with it and see if I can impress a few people with it. I will let you know.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I have 4 (ok really 6) of the 6.5" versions in my room right now. I've been working on my box for them slowly but I'll make some REALLY good progress this week since I have no plans.

A T-line (as I understand it) is just a box that is 1/4 as long as the wavelength you are tuning to. So for a T-line tuned to 30hz you would need to make the vent 9.25 feet.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
damn, this is getting harder, post up when you guys get progress. I'd really like to know how it turns out, getting mighty tired of the stock system, not really into getting the Boss driver anymore either. Rather have something more concealed.