1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deadening, back seat mod, and system install complete-pics

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by craigFLA, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 17, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    atsaubrey

atsaubrey Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.

Member:
    california
    Vehicle:
    blue 2007 double cab
    Sundown Audio 100.4 and 1500D, Pioneer 880PRS, Zapco Refernece 6.5" comps, 2 10" Image Dynamics IDQ, 200ft of Second Skin deadener, Kicker wire
    gotta love the use of DLS anf Tru in that baby. Do yourself a favor and find a highly ranked SQ competitor to help you do some tuning. You have the gear, tune it and get out the Kleenex., loving ALL of your choices in gear. ;)

:D

2. Jan 17, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    nice install. love the tru amps!!!

3. Jan 17, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    craigFLA

craigFLA [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, tried to keep everything clean...tried to find the closest match to the OEM carpet I could.

Thanks!

4. Jan 17, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    mr.miyagi says very good job [​IMG]

5. Jan 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    Gingrbredman

Gingrbredman Love the Tick!

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab Sport 4WD
    That is one sick install. I couldn't tell one piece of equipment from the other, but I can tell how much effort, detail, and attention went into this. Everything from the grommets to the carpet..Nice nice work. I'm not an audophile, but I am a neat freak and clean installs like that are sweet!

6. Jan 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    AlexForbesR6

AlexForbesR6 My R6 Eats Me

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 6-Spd
    that is badass man...great job and writeup

7. Jan 17, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    MINTaco

MINTaco Active Member

Member:
    On a Lake in MN
    Vehicle:
    08 V6
    DIY Block Heater, Weathertechs, A.R.E. Utility Topper, aFe Pro Dry S
    WOW, dude you oughta be working for NASA or at the very least Pimp My Ride. Would love to hear that crank! Nice work.

8. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    i really hope you do this for a living man.
    absolutely beautiful install!!!!

9. Jan 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    lilgerber

lilgerber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 off road Speedway blue
    Front: Total Chaos 3.5 4x4 LT kit, Engage off-road one piece hood, Caged front end, TC gussets. Rear: Fiberworks fenders, King 14" 3.0 triple bypasses, boxed/braced frame, extended brake lines, 63" chevy leaf springs, U bolt flip kit, TC lower shock mounts. Preformance: URD intake, Doug Thorley headers, Flowmaster 40, 2.5 tubing. Interior: Weather techs, LED's, Double DIn, kicker 10" subs, Kicker componet speakers, Exterior: Method wheels with OMF beadlocks, Custom made bumpers, Retro headlights.
    too clean , very clean nice install. must be a paint to tune that.

10. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    TOOLguy420

TOOLguy420 Spiral out...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Holden, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4X4 AC Mag Gray
    Eclipse AVN6620 w/iPod Bluetooth & Sirius, RF SP-64, JL ZR525csi, Q-logic kicks, JL HD600/4, JL HD750/1, JL 12W6v2, ToyTec 3" Ultimate, LR UCAs, SS Brake Lines, BEL Vector, Wet Okole
    Beautiful work, man!

Could you please elaborate, I need to do this as well; I assume you meant 180 degrees.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I did the same thing and didn't have to grind anything. I just unbolted it, turned it and bolted it back in.

There's really no explanation needed. You'll know what to do when you get in there.

12. Jul 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    TOOLguy420

TOOLguy420 Spiral out...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Holden, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '11 SR5 4X4 AC Mag Gray
    Eclipse AVN6620 w/iPod Bluetooth & Sirius, RF SP-64, JL ZR525csi, Q-logic kicks, JL HD600/4, JL HD750/1, JL 12W6v2, ToyTec 3" Ultimate, LR UCAs, SS Brake Lines, BEL Vector, Wet Okole
    Thanks; was just wondering about the grinding

13. Jul 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    I did mine about two weeks ago and didn't grind jack. It's almost like it was made to be changed. It's perfect.

14. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:02 PM
    twistax

twistax Toyota Freak

Member:
    Carlsbad NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off-Road
    CaliRaised ditch mounts & Side Projecting pods

Very nice work .. takes alot of patience to do it the right way.. good job man.

I am alittle concerned about the size of the sub and the size of the box its in... you must be sacraficing low bass to keep the box that small?

In the last month i have built 3 box's... 3 different sizes for a shalow mount 10" and was not able to produce the rich deep bass wit the first 2. Due to the size restriction I held my self to... Which were around the size your box is pictured.

So on my 3rd box i got 3/4" MDF board and made a box that takes up about 47" X 19" high of my entire space behind the seat, leaving some room for the amp mount and now I am getting lower richer bass. I am super curious how your setup sounds. I am going to make it a mission to get some pics of my build on here this weekend... (reminder in phone calendar set).

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  15. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    without the JL 13tw5 specs in front of me, I dont remember what the enclosure recommendations were...but I believe Marv's enclosure is/was around .5 or .6 cf...which was fine for the tw5.

I know I have my subsonic crossover setting around 18 hz or something (purposely clipping some of the bottom end/lowest frequencies) because I felt the sub was hitting 2 low for my taste (rock music).

I've seen and heard a few different set-ups, subs, enclosures in these trucks and am very happy I went the direction I did...although if I ever run out of projects I wouldnt mind doing something sililar to itallayn stallyn's set up with the under seat configuration...but already having 8's in my front doors Id have to seriously research what subs I'd use...and having more metal fabrication equipment and experience I would approach my overall design differently than his....but same basic concept.

16. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    forgot to ask..which 10" thin sub are you working with?

17. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    twistax

twistax Toyota Freak

Member:
    Carlsbad NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off-Road
    Sweet.. Well I guess since you listen to rock mainly then you are good to go.. I listen to it all man... so i like to have the range. Thanks for the info/pics

18. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

which 10 are you running?

believe me...I have NO problems hittn low...also..keep in mind Im pushing 300+ watts to the 8's in my doors which are crossed at about 45 hz...probably explains why mine is tuned the way it is now...but I can crank up something like pink floyd young lust and send most people bailing from my cab...holding their ears...lol...and its clean...

as far as thin-subs go, the JL is the best I have personally heard thus far...huge difference than the Pioneers and others I've heard. Although Im sure there are plenty of new ones out I havent heard yet.

19. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    twistax

twistax Toyota Freak

Member:
    Carlsbad NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 4x4 Off-Road
    Kicker CompCVT 10"

I mean this 1 10 is hittin really hard and ive only got about 200 Watts running to it... I left room on my box for another at a later date..

[​IMG]

20. Jun 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:

Ok, honestly Im not that familiar with the Kenwoods or their airspace requirements... It may not perform well in my .6 cf enclosure, as my JL may not in your larger one... glad your determination (and box building) paid off, and you found what works best.

Products Discussed in

To Top