Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

No bluetooth option for 2010 Tacoma TRD?

Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
tttacoma is on a distinguished road
tttacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No bluetooth option for 2010 Tacoma TRD?

I just purchased a new 2010 Tacoma access cab with the TRD package. I ordered the Blu Logic bluetooth system for the handsfree phone features. When I got the truck the dealer said he couldn't install it as there are no 'knockouts' for the blue tooth button to go as they are all full with the off road features.

Is there another option for bluetooth in the truck...steering wheel controls etc?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
tetan is on a distinguished road
Army: Lieutenant
tetan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stuck with same problem!
Now I'm actually trying to install OEM bluetooth. I already installed BT keyboard and connected it with OEM ribbon to audio control keyboard. BT keyboard lights up but no BT symbol appears on CD changer. There is also no respond when I press any buttons on BP keyboard.
Is there any additional fuse or jumper on CD changer that actually activates BT feature? I really hope that there are no two different version of CD changer - one with BT and one without.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Married With Children
pokeng will become famous soon enoughpokeng will become famous soon enough

pokeng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetan View Post
...I really hope that there are no two different version of CD changer - one with BT and one without.
I'm afraid that's the case.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm stuck with same problem!
Now I'm actually trying to install OEM bluetooth. I already installed BT keyboard and connected it with OEM ribbon to audio control keyboard. BT keyboard lights up but no BT symbol appears on CD changer. There is also no respond when I press any buttons on BP keyboard.
Is there any additional fuse or jumper on CD changer that actually activates BT feature? I really hope that there are no two different version of CD changer - one with BT and one without.

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated!
I would talk to someone at Toyota to find out if your HU has bluetooth capability. Also, I'm assuming you would need to get the mic for it as well, not just the steering wheel controls. I was planing on going by the dealership soon to see how they integrated the factory installed bluetooth... I'm thinking about adding it to my truck too.

If you find anything out, please post it to this thread.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I thought bluetooth was only available when you get the JBL stereo?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
tetan is on a distinguished road
Army: Lieutenant
tetan's Tacoma Gallery
I got steering wheel control BT keyboard from Toyota US (paid a bit more than $100 for keyboard and ribbon connector!). Ones installed keyboard lights up but I get no respond to buttons. I can also order rear view mirror with mic but since I get no respond to keyboard from my JBL OEM Toyota stereo I really question this investment!
I've had HUGE argument with my Toyota dealer over this BT issue. When I ordered my "taco" I requested it with BT. As a part of deal my track came with $1000 "Toyota dollars" redeemable toward service, parts or accessories. So my dealer advices me to order truck without BT and then use "Toyota dollars" to order and install BT. Before I agreed to this deal I asked salesman to confirm that it will be OEM BT. So he did! When my truck arrived I immediately asked to have BT installed. You can only imagine my anger when I found out that I cannot get OEM BT installed and this feature absolutely MUST be ordered from Toyota as a part of truck. But I was totally furious when I they additionally said that I also cannot get aftermarket BT because my TRD has all dashboard switches used!
I was told this all more than two month after purchase!!!
At first my dealer tried to down play this problem. But I told them that since local law forbids driving while talking on cellphone I'll either ask for replacement track or going to forward them ALL my tickets (~$200/ticket) for driving while talking on cellphone. They thought that I'm joking but when my lawyer sent them letter they called me back and offered reimbursement for all hardware and labor to install OEM BT. Manager from that dealership personally called me to apologies but said that they actually do not offer OEM BT in Canada and it was salesman's fault to make such promise. They accepted full financial responsibility for this error.

Talking about BT installation. I can see (one has to look under very sharp angle to see it) that my CD changer has BT symbols on LCD. But I installed BT keyboard I get no respond to buttons. Logically speaking - it is not economically justified to manufacture unique JBL CD changer for Canadian market especially if it is same looking one but only has no BT feature. IMHO BT on my CD changer is either somehow programmable or there is somewhere simple jumper/fuse/switch that enables/disables it.
Unfortunately dealer cannot get any info from Toyota because OEM BT was not offered in Canada for Tacoma trucks. I'm trying to solve this puzzle on my own but if there will be no solution I'll take my taco back to dealer and ask for money back. I’d rather get one from US.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got steering wheel control BT keyboard from Toyota US (paid a bit more than $100 for keyboard and ribbon connector!). Ones installed keyboard lights up but I get no respond to buttons. I can also order rear view mirror with mic but since I get no respond to keyboard from my JBL OEM Toyota stereo I really question this investment!
I think your best bet will be to talk to someone at your dealership to see if your radio supports bluetooth and what you need to do to move forward or if moving forward is even an option.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all of the people at the dealership know the right answers, so if you feel that the person you are talking to doesn't know... try and find someone who does.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Seanmff is on a distinguished road
Seanmff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had HUGE argument with my Toyota dealer over this BT issue. When I ordered my "taco" I requested it with BT. As a part of deal my track came with $1000 "Toyota dollars" redeemable toward service, parts or accessories. So my dealer advices me to order truck without BT and then use "Toyota dollars" to order and install BT. Before I agreed to this deal I asked salesman to confirm that it will be OEM BT. So he did! When my truck arrived I immediately asked to have BT installed. You can only imagine my anger when I found out that I cannot get OEM BT installed and this feature absolutely MUST be ordered from Toyota as a part of truck. But I was totally furious when I they additionally said that I also cannot get aftermarket BT because my TRD has all dashboard switches used!
I was told this all more than two month after purchase!!!
At first my dealer tried to down play this problem. But I told them that since local law forbids driving while talking on cellphone I'll either ask for replacement track or going to forward them ALL my tickets (~$200/ticket) for driving while talking on cellphone. They thought that I'm joking but when my lawyer sent them letter they called me back and offered reimbursement for all hardware and labor to install OEM BT. Manager from that dealership personally called me to apologies but said that they actually do not offer OEM BT in Canada and it was salesman's fault to make such promise. They accepted full financial responsibility for this error.

Talking about BT installation. I can see (one has to look under very sharp angle to see it) that my CD changer has BT symbols on LCD. But I installed BT keyboard I get no respond to buttons. Logically speaking - it is not economically justified to manufacture unique JBL CD changer for Canadian market especially if it is same looking one but only has no BT feature. IMHO BT on my CD changer is either somehow programmable or there is somewhere simple jumper/fuse/switch that enables/disables it.
Unfortunately dealer cannot get any info from Toyota because OEM BT was not offered in Canada for Tacoma trucks. I'm trying to solve this puzzle on my own but if there will be no solution I'll take my taco back to dealer and ask for money back. Id rather get one from US.
Do you know which mirror has the mic? I've been searching for the past week. I currently have the auto-dimming, rear cam mirror. Might it be the right mirror?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 has the Blu Tooth built in, from Toyota... Off Road TRD, JBL sound, satellite radio... oh, and A-TRAC of course! LOL
Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
Seanmff is on a distinguished road
Seanmff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
My 2010 has the Blu Tooth built in, from Toyota... Off Road TRD, JBL sound, satellite radio... oh, and A-TRAC of course! LOL
where is the Mic?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Built into the top of mirror.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Built into the top of mirror.
x2 (thanks Christian)