Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Alpine CDA-105 Owners. Need Some Input.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Alpine CDA-105 Owners. Need Some Input.

For those of you who are using this headunit I was hoping to get your thoughts on it. Mine shows up today and goes in tomorrow and Im having some reservations. Not so much on the unit itself, just whether I actually want a DVD unit instead, or just stay stock and get a USASpec ipod adapter, etc.

My scosche panel showed up (and the Metra is coming with the HU so I can compare) and Im just not impressed with the look and color matching, and I already had my reservations about putting in a single din HU as I think most of them appear cheap and cheesy. I decided on the CDA-105 as it had 90% of the functions I wanted, great reviews, and budget friendly.

• Did you find the unit gave you a drastic improvement in sound quality over stock?
  • Do you feel the unit "fits" into the gauge scheme of the Tacoma colorwise etc?
  • What are your opinions of the unit after having it for awhile now?
  • Hows the iPod functionality (I listen to the iPod 99% of the time)
  • Any pictures would be GREATLY appreciated.
Many thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
tacomarock is on a distinguished road
tacomarock's Tacoma Gallery
i really like mine

I bought mine after seeing it in action. I have had it for around a month. Very nice. there is a video that shows the head unit, but I won't post that anymore was told to quit spamming. Some guys are real pricks on this board.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
I bought mine after seeing it in action. I have had it for around a month. Very nice. there is a video that shows the head unit, but I won't post that anymore was told to quit spamming. Some guys are real pricks on this board.
Could you PM it to me?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
k done

I think you can watch them in HiDef for better video quality
Old 01-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
I think you can watch them in HiDef for better video quality
Got it, thanks! Yeah Ive seen those TacoTunes vids on youtube. They dont really focus on the headunit much though...hell they only show it for about a second.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
looked again

I just looked looks like the maroon truck shows it for abit.