Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Replace All Four Speakers, Or Just The Fronts?

Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Replace All Four Speakers, Or Just The Fronts?

Just curious what most of you did. Did you replace all the speakers, or just replace the fronts. Im sitting on a good 2 channel amp and components for the front wondering if I should be planning on doing the rear doors as well.

Any input would be appreciated!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
I think most people on here will say just do the fronts.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
RTaylor is on a distinguished road
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
All four if you have the money.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I replaced all the door speakers but only have the rear faded in when I have passengers. All of my speakers are also amped with an Alpine PDX5.

IrishPilot: I have noticed a few of your audio threads...Check out my build for some ideas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ll-w-pics.html
Old 01-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
I replaced all the door speakers but only have the rear faded in when I have passengers. All of my speakers are also amped with an Alpine PDX5.

IrishPilot: I have noticed a few of your audio threads...Check out my build for some ideas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ll-w-pics.html
Yeah man Ive gone through your thread a few times! Ive finally narrowed down the sub stuff (my local guy told me he would just build a custom fit box and amp wall this week for behind the rear seats).

Now Im wondering a few things and trying to do my research (talking to crutchfield, local shops, and asking owners like everyone around here!)

Trying to figure out if I should stick with the two amps I have (a mono for the sub, and a 2 channel for the fronts) or go with the PDX5. The other thing is whether I should stick to the plan with replacing and amping just the fronts or if replacing the rears helps a lot or not.

It never ends! I keep searching the forum and cant find direct answers that lead me too much in a specific direction. Apologies for assaulting the audio/video section lately lol.