Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

'10 Access Cab rear speakers, idea... why not?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
dblodgett is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
dblodgett's Tacoma Gallery
'10 Access Cab rear speakers, idea... why not?

I've been looking into upgrading my stock sr5 access cab stereo. Here's the idea...

Leave the stock head unit, put in a 4 channel amp (any ideas where the best place to put it is?), some component speakers in the front doors, some component's in the rear wing doors.

The rear doors are a sticking point... I've seen two methods: cut a hole and put an aftermarket grill on it, or cut a hole and put some grill cloth on it.

Why not just drill a million holes in a pattern? If you did it right it could look totally stock. Anyone done it this way?

What was the verdict on wiring? Are there any speaker wires going to the rear door or do you need to run new ones?

Thanks for any advice/opinions.

D
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
RTaylor is on a distinguished road
RTaylor's Tacoma Gallery
i would do the components up front but the rear speakers are "fill" sound so doing components in the rear will be more trouble than they are worth. as for leaving the stock head unit, i would highly recommend that you go aftermarket. if you don't there will be at least 20 t-taps in your harness. as for the other questions sorry i do not know the access cabs well enough.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
PETEREDGE has a spectacular aura aboutPETEREDGE has a spectacular aura about

Name: PETER
PETEREDGE's Tacoma Gallery
FIRST OFF YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE HU! I MYSELF ADDED A PIONEER DVD HU WITH ALPINE 6X9 IN THE FRONT AND 4X6 IN IN THE BACK.I LOCATED THE 4X6 IN UNDER THE REAR SEATS .THEY FIT PERFECT AND ADD A GREAT REAR FILL ,THEY ARE MUCH LOUDER THAN I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE.HERES A LINK TO MY PICS ,I HAVE SINCE INSTALLED GRILLS OVER THEM.http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ear-seats.html
Old 02-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
OR your could buy 2008 rear door panels, 08's have the speakers in the doors and not in the ceiling.