Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

OEM interface car audio

Old 02-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
OEM interface car audio

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=94

saw one of these in the classifieds on this site. I was wondering if there is other brands that carry something like this product (it's $299 @ Crutchfield), I found a Rockford one something like this one maybe, it looked more like an equalizer really. I want to keep my stock radio, I am trying to keep everything hidden. My plans are mainly 2 amps, comp set up front, 2 way in rear, 4 6.5" Elemental Design subs in cargo bay.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
Didn't know if you were looking to buy, but found this thread and thought you may be interested.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-110-firm.html
already sold it. lol, saw that already too, reason why I started the thread. I found it on Online Car Stereo for $189, still @ $110 beats debating on getting the JL or a new h.u. Still I'm gonna get the JL one from OCS in a couple months, need to save up for misc. expenses.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
exminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedexminnesotaboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tony
exminnesotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the JL Cleansweep in my 2001 to keep the stock look as I work in a place with a lot of sketchy people roaming around. It only has two RCA pair-outs, so I also ran the CL-RLC on that same link you posted(bonus, it give a little sub adjustment on the fly).

In short, it does exactly what it advertises and is easy to set up. It does allow you to use the factory volume control(if you don't use the aux out on the unit itself), but I found that using their volume control is much better.

I purchased mine at a local high-end car stereo shop. Advertised at $300, sold it to me for $250 without me even asking.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #7
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
JL, RF & MTX all make those...I still would take a aftermarket deck over those...
Old 02-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by exminnesotaboy View Post
I have the JL Cleansweep in my 2001 to keep the stock look as I work in a place with a lot of sketchy people roaming around. It only has two RCA pair-outs, so I also ran the CL-RLC on that same link you posted(bonus, it give a little sub adjustment on the fly).

In short, it does exactly what it advertises and is easy to set up. It does allow you to use the factory volume control(if you don't use the aux out on the unit itself), but I found that using their volume control is much better.

I purchased mine at a local high-end car stereo shop. Advertised at $300, sold it to me for $250 without me even asking.
That's perfect. I plan on only using 2 amps, one amp for my comps up front and 2 ways in the rear doors and one amp for all 4 of my ED 6.75" subs in the storage area. I am thinking of hiding the Cleansweep in the center console with the amps under the seats.
It's the same with where I am, most of the time since most of my friends live in/next to sketchy people it's easier for me to have my stuff hidden.
The only thing that will be noticeable is the drop I am going to be doing in the future as well as maybe a rim change (I may keep my 18's, but will know after I do my drop which is a 2/3 or 3/3.75).
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #9

I found something similar to the JL Cleansweep. It's the Hifonics MX 1, works pretty much the same as the JL but you have to manually set everything. There's videos on OCS. lol, plus they are $100 shipped.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Give me a review on the MX1...looks easy to install. And cheaper.