1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ceiling mounted speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hookedontronics, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Can someone please show me where these exist, I'm buying a 2010 double cab, 4x4 trd off road and have not seen ceiling speakers in any of the ones i have looked at. Either i am clearly missing something is this is a marketing flaw, please post a pic of where these are located.

accord to toyota:

"AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback
    capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability[6], six
    speakers including two ceiling-mounted speakers, satellite radio
    receiver prewire and antenna"

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    only the cab & half will have the roof mounted speakers. not the double cabs.

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    ...The ceiling speakers are not visible, and are completely useless.
    In 2009 they changed the access cab speakers. Previous year acc cab models had rear door speakers, and in 2009 they got rid of the rear door speakers and put the little crappy hi-fi speakers in the ceiling.
    I have yet to see anyone that has upgraded the ceiling speakers. probably because it would take removing the headliner.
    If you adjust the fader to the rear you will hear just how little output these speakers have.. they are useless.

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    BeardedWeirdo

BeardedWeirdo Junior Mint

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 PreRunner
    Barcelona Red Pop & Lock, Tint, New Shoes, Removed Rear Headrests, Grille(in the works)
    x2

I haven't looked for them in mine, but I've felt the headline vibrating to the music. Every once in awhile I'll hear them and it sounds like the speaker is right in the headrest. It's kind of trippy, but I definitely wouldn't want to try to replace them based on where they are located.

5. Feb 11, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    I'm not going to be doing a huge audio install, but I was hoping that there would be some benefit of switching the stock speakers out and leaving the stock HU in, until I buy the indash GPS. So there's no company that makes a replacement for the roof speaker? And also, my truck came with the factory "Subwoofer" in the middle of the rear seats. Any ideas on what to do in that department, can I swap the speaker inside it?

6. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I highly doubt you would be able to swap the speaker inside it because it is not a standard size. But...if you are handy and feel comfortable with fiberglass maybe you could gut it and put a couple 8" jl's in there or something trick like that. Or send it to me and i could do the work for you...

Products Discussed in

To Top