Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

ceiling mounted speakers?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
ceiling mounted speakers?

Can someone please show me where these exist, I'm buying a 2010 double cab, 4x4 trd off road and have not seen ceiling speakers in any of the ones i have looked at. Either i am clearly missing something is this is a marketing flaw, please post a pic of where these are located.

accord to toyota:

"AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback
capability, auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capability[6], six
speakers including two ceiling-mounted speakers, satellite radio
receiver prewire and antenna"
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
only the cab & half will have the roof mounted speakers. not the double cabs.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
...The ceiling speakers are not visible, and are completely useless.
In 2009 they changed the access cab speakers. Previous year acc cab models had rear door speakers, and in 2009 they got rid of the rear door speakers and put the little crappy hi-fi speakers in the ceiling.
I have yet to see anyone that has upgraded the ceiling speakers. probably because it would take removing the headliner.
If you adjust the fader to the rear you will hear just how little output these speakers have.. they are useless.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
...The ceiling speakers are not visible, and are completely useless.
In 2009 they changed the access cab speakers. Previous year acc cab models had rear door speakers, and in 2009 they got rid of the rear door speakers and put the little crappy hi-fi speakers in the ceiling.
I have yet to see anyone that has upgraded the ceiling speakers. probably because it would take removing the headliner.
If you adjust the fader to the rear you will hear just how little output these speakers have.. they are useless.
x2

I haven't looked for them in mine, but I've felt the headline vibrating to the music. Every once in awhile I'll hear them and it sounds like the speaker is right in the headrest. It's kind of trippy, but I definitely wouldn't want to try to replace them based on where they are located.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
They are probably the same MXT drivers that are in the FJ. They are more of an exciter than a speaker. You can't upgrade them.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 AM   #6
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going to be doing a huge audio install, but I was hoping that there would be some benefit of switching the stock speakers out and leaving the stock HU in, until I buy the indash GPS. So there's no company that makes a replacement for the roof speaker? And also, my truck came with the factory "Subwoofer" in the middle of the rear seats. Any ideas on what to do in that department, can I swap the speaker inside it?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
I'm not going to be doing a huge audio install, but I was hoping that there would be some benefit of switching the stock speakers out and leaving the stock HU in, until I buy the indash GPS. So there's no company that makes a replacement for the roof speaker? And also, my truck came with the factory "Subwoofer" in the middle of the rear seats. Any ideas on what to do in that department, can I swap the speaker inside it?
I highly doubt you would be able to swap the speaker inside it because it is not a standard size. But...if you are handy and feel comfortable with fiberglass maybe you could gut it and put a couple 8" jl's in there or something trick like that. Or send it to me and i could do the work for you...