Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

TacoTunes

Old 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
TacoTunes

has anybody had any experience with these enclosures/subs

im looking at buying the enclosure for the rear driver side behind the seat but ive never heard anything about the sub that they have included with the box..anybody know about them?

here is the link for the one with the sub included
http://shop.tacotunes.com/product.sc...3&categoryId=8

link for enclosure w/o sub:
http://shop.tacotunes.com/product.sc...3&categoryId=8

if i buy the sub separately, im assuming it needs to be a shallow cone correct? and is that filling supposed to be inside the enclosure? is that supposed to give it a different sound? (second link)

thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
i think that they are a bit pricey, and they require you cutting up your car to install as well. I'm not a fan
X2
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Go with MrMarv, he is a vendor on the forum.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Im not sure about the sub but I do know they use that brand for a lot of the demonstrations for the website. As for the padding, in a small box you would want to leave it in. It has to do with the airspace in small boxes. It is used to reduce resonance due to a smaller enclosure. And if you end up looking at a new sub just check the airspace specs on sealed enclosures (should say on box).
Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
tacomarock is on a distinguished road
tacomarock's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard a few of their setups.

I heard the small sealed box with an IDQ10. I heard the ported boxes with IDQ10 and IDQ12 subwoofers. The sealed box sounded very good with rock style music at low or high volume. The bass was really good even with hip hop or rap type music. But read on

I had a hard time deciding if I needed storage or not. When I heard the ported boxes, I was sold. I have had a few systems in the past and I love this one the best. I had never really heard of image dynamics until I started looking for a system for my Tacoma.

If you don't need the space behind the seats and you have the money get the ported setup. It really sounds awesome. If you need the space and don't want to spend the money the small box still sounds really good, but the ported box gets really low and grumbly for all types of music. Man even Nickelback and Linkin Park have a lot of really low bass notes that I love to listen to.

The guys at my office always want to take my truck for our lunch meetings. I even have to take turns playing their stuff.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
"Loud Tires Can Save Lives"
91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed91Toyotabogger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

91Toyotabogger's Tacoma Gallery
can you put a box behind the seat with no mods
Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I have that box and sub but only paid $199 back in June of '09...Check out my build.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #9
Mayday
mmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmmadej87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Veteran
Name: Mike
mmadej87's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all the helpful info, ill check to see what MrMarv has..
Old 02-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
TREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really nice
Name: Trey
TREY4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
I have that box and sub but only paid $199 back in June of '09...Check out my build.
Did you have to take the back part of your seat off for it to fit?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #11
TREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really niceTREY4x4 is just really nice
Name: Trey
TREY4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Just curious is you've purchased a sub box from MrMarv? I contacted him via PM and asked what he could do for me. Response was to look at his pictures... seemed to be all custom work, nothing really cookie cutter. If he had something that was "standard" that he made that fit into a DC, I would have inquired further. I also didn't inquire further because all the custom sub boxes looked very good which I'm assuming is high $.

I'll probably just end up getting one of these: http://www.supercrewsound.com/commer...d=105&catId=69
Old 02-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Tunes has caused many people problems in the past and I personnally would never use them. Check out this link:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ng-me-off.html

Even though I have never dealt with Mr. Marv, everything that I've ever heard or read about him... is that he is a stand up guy who is great to work with and everyone who has ever used his services has been very happy. I'm sure his prices are competetive with others and I'm also sure that you can be sure that you are getting a quality product from him.

Just my .02
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREY4x4 View Post
Did you have to take the back part of your seat off for it to fit?
No, but I did cut a portion out where the sub is. It's just a plastic piece, I can always get a new one if I ever decide to sell the truck.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #14
FurbiesAndBeans is on a distinguished road
FurbiesAndBeans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
No, but I did cut a portion out where the sub is. It's just a plastic piece, I can always get a new one if I ever decide to sell the truck.

Oh wow not a fan of that nasty look... I would pass...
Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Mr.Marv FTW
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
x100000000000000000
Old 02-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #17
I love my tacotunes system

I kind of wish I would have had time to do it myself! I am really envious of many of you guys. I had tacotunes install. They delivered on time and installed for less than local audio shops. I have sat with a few other guys that love them as well. I never dealt with anyone else, just figured if they went through all the trouble to do the site with all the help I was glad to send them my business. Also, when I was looking I think I saw hundreds of car domain and forum guys that have been very happy with them.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
lot of complaints about tacotunes. he has been banned from here and from toyotanation

i wouldn't use him.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
That is strange

because I have seen a lot of guys on this forum use their stuff. when I was doing my research I saw soooo many guys that have tacotunes stuff and pictures right here on this board.
I have learned there are always two sides to every story. I spoke to rob before my install and they have been around for almost 5 years and have over 6 thousand customers. They must be doing something right. Plus I even called Image Dynamics to ensure I would get a warranty and they said that tacotunes sells a lot of their stuff.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #20
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
because I have seen a lot of guys on this forum use their stuff. when I was doing my research I saw soooo many guys that have tacotunes stuff and pictures right here on this board.
I have learned there are always two sides to every story. I spoke to rob before my install and they have been around for almost 5 years and have over 6 thousand customers. They must be doing something right. Plus I even called Image Dynamics to ensure I would get a warranty and they said that tacotunes sells a lot of their stuff.

his last thread on TN

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=302712