1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to use back up camera on non sr-5

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by soilsample, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM
    soilsample

soilsample [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Southwest Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD Off Road
    Hi everyone,
    I just installed an eclipse AVN-726 in my Tacoma. My truck has the camera and the harness. It does not have the screen in the mirror.

I bought an adapter for the eclipse to use a regular rca plug for back up camera input.

I found the trigger wire and the screen turns on when I shift to reverse but has no picture.
    I tapped into the wires used here:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/30889-oem-camera-connection-below-dash.html
    for my video signal.

I'm really not sure if my camera is being turned on by the truck when I shift into reverse......

Has anybody used the factory wire harness with the camera successfully???
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
    Donald

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Is the trigger wire your referring to attached to the rear tail light back up lights?

I have an alpine but maybe this will help. It hooks up to 12v power, taps into the rear laillight reverse lights to turn it on (just like a remote wire for an amp), and it taps into the rca back up plug on my head unit.

It could also be a setting on your head unit not turned on

3. Feb 11, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    soilsample

soilsample [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Southwest Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD Off Road
    Yes the 12v trigger is for reverse lights.
    I have tried the camera input on all available modes and in auto mode with same results.

Did you tap into the same wires that I showed in the link for your video signal??

Thanks
    Donald

4. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    mines installed in my wrx

Products Discussed in

To Top