Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Trying to use back up camera on non sr-5

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to use back up camera on non sr-5

Hi everyone,
I just installed an eclipse AVN-726 in my Tacoma. My truck has the camera and the harness. It does not have the screen in the mirror.

I bought an adapter for the eclipse to use a regular rca plug for back up camera input.

I found the trigger wire and the screen turns on when I shift to reverse but has no picture.
I tapped into the wires used here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...elow-dash.html
for my video signal.

I'm really not sure if my camera is being turned on by the truck when I shift into reverse......

Has anybody used the factory wire harness with the camera successfully???
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks
Donald
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Is the trigger wire your referring to attached to the rear tail light back up lights?

I have an alpine but maybe this will help. It hooks up to 12v power, taps into the rear laillight reverse lights to turn it on (just like a remote wire for an amp), and it taps into the rca back up plug on my head unit.

It could also be a setting on your head unit not turned on
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #3
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the 12v trigger is for reverse lights.
I have tried the camera input on all available modes and in auto mode with same results.

Did you tap into the same wires that I showed in the link for your video signal??

Thanks
Donald