Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Intermittent Left Front Speakers...Loose RCA?

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Intermittent Left Front Speakers...Loose RCA?

My ongoing aftermarket woes continue.

My front left speakers seem to come and go today. Would that likely be a loose RCA or something more consuming?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
tacomarock is on a distinguished road
tacomarock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
My ongoing aftermarket woes continue.

My front left speakers seem to come and go today. Would that likely be a loose RCA or something more consuming?

Irish, I have an audio system in my truck but I am not expert. But I would think even experts will need as much detail as you can provide. Just my input. :-)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I can just give you my experience with a similar situation

I had a JL 300/4 wired up and working perfectly.

I had one speaker randomly cutting in and out for months. I finally pulled all of the wire and rewired the speakers themselve with no improvement

then I realized that I could push on the headunit and cause the front left to cut out

turns out, the head unit was so deep that the wires were jammed behind it and had put a kink in the RCA wire connector. over time the cable broke down inside.

changed the RCA and it was good to go

I would start wiggling connections and see if you can create the symptom

good luck

Justin
Old 02-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I'd check the speaker connections too. RCA's are usually pretty tight and don't really come loose. If a shop used those spade connectors on the speakers it might be loose.