LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Does anyone have a valentine 1?

Old 02-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i wouldnt trust it in SC either...our troopers and other jurisdiction traffic teams visually estimate your speed before clocking you...and to be certified they have to be able to visually estimate your speed within like 3 mph...

your V1 cant tell you when youre being watched
In order to be radar/lidar certified i had to be within 2mph +/-, i had to visually estimate the speed of 50 cars.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
In order to be radar/lidar certified i had to be within 2mph +/-, i had to visually estimate the speed of 50 cars.
aha

i knew it was close to that

im not radar/lidar certified
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

uood8's Tacoma Gallery
and don't think im trying to knock people that have them...unless your in va because thats just askin for it. just know that you can still get a speeding ticket if your v1 doesn't go off. any officer that says they never speed is a liar, i speed off duty....just don't go hauling ass everywhere driving recklessly.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #24
tacomarock is on a distinguished road
tacomarock's Tacoma Gallery
I have a V1 and use my dads 9500IX

I can honestly say they are about the same in range. My dads has features like red light camers and traps, but not really that good IMO, if you travel a lot maybe?

Anyhow, the only reason I prefer my V1 is the arrows. I LOVE knowing where the radar is coming from. No comparison IMO.

ON the laser, I have to agree if you have a copy with a gun you are done. The laser is very tight and you won't get any warning. I keep my eyes open because they are doing the same.

My boss has the laser shifter and IT WORKS!! But I can't see spending that much on a unit that I can't take from car to car . . . it has to be installed.

I can tell you I have tried other brands and just like ANYTHING you get what you pay for. If it was cheap in price, it is going to be cheap in performance.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 PM   #25
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
You can have my Valentine1 when you pry my cold dead hands off of it...(or something like that!)
Old 02-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #26

uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rme View Post
you can have my valentine1 when you pry my cold dead hands off of it...(or something like that!)
lol
Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #27
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rme's Tacoma Gallery
At least someone has a since of humor on this thread tonight.....LOL
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #28
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
I love my V1 and I think it helps me keep my speed in check actually. If it starts beeping, I double check that I'm within the legal limit +/- 5 MPH. I also am a fan of the arrows!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:47 PM   #29
tacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nicetacosteve is just really nice
Name: Steve
tacosteve's Tacoma Gallery
Rme you don't get the mirror lol. It works on mirrors with round rod mounts. I must say its pricey, but a very nice quality on build. the one in my pic is on my 09 and it fits, just don't buy the power cord.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #30

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosteve View Post
Rme you don't get the mirror lol. It works on mirrors with round rod mounts. I must say its pricey, but a very nice quality on build. the one in my pic is on my 09 and it fits, just don't buy the power cord.
Thnx but I should get the hard wire kit, right? I have two other vehicles I have to swap it out in and I think that would probably be the best way to go with it. I have a muth mirror in my VW...man I like that mirror. and my yota...I don't think the blendmount will work in it as there is no mirror shaft from the mirror to the bracket hanging down. Oh hell I might as well buy a new taco so I can have a mirror mount....LMAO....again thanks.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #31

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
So does this mean V1 is vastly superior to other Radar detectors? I like my whistler, but it would go off near hospitals and semi trucks. Don't use it anymore cuz i don't speed often.
The V1 has three different settings that will allow you to filter out the garage door openers and hospitals (mine never picked up the trucks--had it for over 10 years-have upgraded twice) I leave mine on A for all. That way if the police sit in one of the common areas where detectors go off I'm still looking even if I know where those area's are....It has saved my bacon a few times but more than anything most Highway Patrol leave their radars on when working accidents or investigating something alongside of the road and it lets me know well in advance something is going on. Who knows--maybe someday Mike (Valentine) will put a Bitch'n Betty in it so she can tell us radar ahead. I hope not but I'm sure he's thought of it. This guy is on top of his game (Mike V)...
Old 02-13-2010, 04:56 AM   #32

rme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Beauty View Post
I have one also, hidden behind rear-view mirror and have a remote display in that tiny pull out drawer (compartment) below the steering wheel, to the left. I can post pics tomorrow.
I have a remote to...but hardly ever use it.....