1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does anyone have a valentine 1?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hookedontronics, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Looking for a stealthy way to mount my v1 radar detector. If you have one mounted or have a remote display for one post up your pics!
    Thanks

2. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Ive got one in the BMW but not the Taco.

Check out this thread on Toyota Nation regarding V1s in Tacos;

3. Feb 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    tacosteve

tacosteve Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Milton, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4X4
    3" lift and 33x12.50x20 toyo on Hoss wheels
    I have it mounted witha blendmount. I will post pics tomorrow. P.S if you get a blendmount do not get the wiring kit. The Valentine 1 uses a phone cord and the two center wires are the ones used.

4. Feb 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    tacosteve

tacosteve Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Milton, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4X4
    3" lift and 33x12.50x20 toyo on Hoss wheels

Blendmount/w phone cord direct wiring

5. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    tacomarock

tacomarock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great piece of equipment. But I have not thougth about a better mounts seems ok on the window.

6. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  7. Feb 10, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    x2 suscribed

8. Feb 11, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    please do

9. Feb 11, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Do you find the display is located too low? In my wrx i have one above the mirror and that is kind of too high for taking a glance to see where the arrow is pointing.

10. Feb 11, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    It doesn't matter where you put it, once it goes off 9 out of 10 times you've been got.

If you get hit with lidar, the popo can be over 1100 feet away! Soon as the trigger is pulled i have a speed and distance back before you can even hit the brakes. And your detector won't go off till i pull the trigger.

:popcorn:

On a side note, i do usually give 15 over so you really gotta be hauling tail to see me.

11. Feb 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i agree....however many people that get them expect them to keep them from getting caught from speeding

12. Feb 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM
    uood8

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    Exactly...i mean it only serves one purpose :rolleyes: , I'm not trying to push any weight around, in fact i consider myself very liberal when it comes to speeders. Just saying don't be suprised that you'll (not you specifically, referring to anyone with a detector) get a ticket with your 400 dollar radar detector. And like myself in VA where they are illegal...i know when your using one :D (because we have radar detector detectors), and then your def. going to get a ticket.

Gray Beauty.....not sure why my name is relevant? But im glad your officer friendly :D.

And just a FYI about radar units....you'll only know when were out there if we are actually clocking...if not in use we keep the unit on hold to prolong the life of the antenna(s), so you'd never know anyways. It is very rare that i ride around with the unit on and clocking, radar tickets are a dime a dozen, even sitting still.

13. Feb 11, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    I'm like Gray Beauty...very cop friendly but I like to know where the guys are. By the way I have a valentine 1 too and it doesn't go off when a plane is clocking you in florida....LOL

Can anyone tell me if the blendmount works on any rearview mirror or for the price of $70 do you get a mirror?

Went to the website and got myself thoroughly confused.

14. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  15. Feb 12, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    well on the radar detector detector comment, v1's will not get picked up on that.

I have had mine for 2.5 years now and not a single ticket, before it i didn't go 4-5 months without getting a ticket and finally bought one b/c lawyers wern't getting any cheaper. Still have a clean driving record, just quite a few parking and window tint tickets, lol

The only way your getting caught with a v1 is by laser or instant on. But 95% of the time if the cop is clocking instant on he'll hit someone a mile or two ahead of you first and you'll know he's there. The v1 usual;ly goes off about 1.5-2minutes before i'll ever see a cop. the range is ridiculous.

I don't speed all the time, it just happenes that when i've been pulled in the past i didn't even realize i was speeding or intentionally driving fast

16. Feb 12, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    You forgot being clocked by an airplane....:D:wave::plane:

17. Feb 12, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    So does this mean V1 is vastly superior to other Radar detectors? I like my whistler, but it would go off near hospitals and semi trucks. Don't use it anymore cuz i don't speed often.

18. Feb 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    A v1 has the best range on the market and it also has arrows telling you where the cops are. It is argueably the best on the market and it also upgradeable at any time should they come out with new radar guns. It's not gonna help you against airplanes but then again i've never seen that done here in ny.

19. Feb 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    uood8

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    :rolleyes:

Feel free to try.....but thats a big chance to take because you'll be handing it right over to the officer. <--state police are REALLY bad about that.

*this is only for VA+DC where radar detectors are illegal in ANY vehicle*

Not saying you can't get one over on the police...but i wouldn't bank on it.

**i'll go ahead and add.....don't you think we keep the units on hold then when we see a group of traffic coming that we don't pop the unit on and see who jams the brakes?

20. Feb 12, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i wouldnt trust it in SC either...our troopers and other jurisdiction traffic teams visually estimate your speed before clocking you...and to be certified they have to be able to visually estimate your speed within like 3 mph...

your V1 cant tell you when youre being watched ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top