Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Question

Old 02-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #1
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
CB Question

I'm looking to buy a CB Radio and was wondering if there was a way to hook it up to my aftermarket stereo instead of buying an external speaker for it. Does anyone know if there are any that include an auxiliary out port or some other way to do this?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
You sure can. Many CB radios will provide an audio out port, along with a PA out port. You can find this information under the specifications for the radio. If you cant find the information on the website that you are purchasing the radio from, try checking the manufactures website.

You will just need a male to male headphone jack, x length, in order to connect the two together.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
You sure can. Many CB radios will provide an audio out port, along with a PA out port. You can find this information under the specifications for the radio. If you cant find the information on the website that you are purchasing the radio from, try checking the manufactures website.

You will just need a male to male headphone jack, x length, in order to connect the two together.
Ok that's what I figured. I'm looking at a Cobra one and it has auxiliary ports on the back of it but didn't mention them in the tech specs so I was just making sure that's what they were.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
But you will have to switch your stereo to "aux" if its plugged into a aux port. Therefore you cannot listen to music and the CB at once.

I would like to find something that will let me listen to music and only mute the music when sound comes from the CB (like a department store pa).
Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
bmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to beholdbmgreene is a splendid one to behold

bmgreene's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by db67fm View Post
But you will have to switch your stereo to "aux" if its plugged into a aux port. Therefore you cannot listen to music and the CB at once.

I would like to find something that will let me listen to music and only mute the music when sound comes from the CB (like a department store pa).
Only way I cna think of that this might be relatively simple (at least not so hard it'd never be worth the trouble) would be if you use a poweramp instead of your H/U to drive the speakers. You could get/make some sort of a switching box to go between the radios and the amp which would feed the stereo to the amp as long as the CB/scanner isn't putting out a coherent signal. Without the external amp you'd need to mod the H/U which could get to be a real PITA in a hurry.