1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AVIC-Z110BT Navigation Question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by azTRD, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Feb 12, 2010 at 1:51 PM
    azTRD

azTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm looking for some input from people who own this unit. Hopefully I can explain this to where it makes sense.

Scenario One:
    If you are diving down the road with the navigation screen up and you are in route somewhere (i.e. getting directions from the unit), the top of the nav screen has a bar that tells you the name of the next street that you need to turn on and how far it is away.

Scenario Two:
    If you are driving down the road with the nav screen up and you are NOT in route somewhere, does the bar at the top of the nav screen tell you which street is coming up next or does it tell you what street you are currently driving on? Or does it show anything at all on that bar?

The old Garmin navigation had this feature so that you always knew which street you were coming up to, which was a nice feature. The new Garmin's only do this on the highway, but not on surface streets. I'm just curious how the Pioneer nav works.

I hope this makes sense... and thanks for your input.

2. Feb 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM
    e-man

e-man Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eric
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 silver PreRunner 4x2 TRD Off-Road
    pop n lock 5300, aries 4" oval black step bar, oem cargo divider , pioneer avic z110bt nav unit, pioneer ndbc4 backup camera, - just starting out but more to come
    Scenario 1: YES - the Z110BT nav will show you what your next turn is and how far it is away.

Scenario 2: YES - it will show you the name of the street you are currently on.

Love the unit - very user friendly.

3. Feb 15, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    azTRD

azTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the reply. I tested this unit out in the store and really liked how responsive it was... much quicker then the Kenwood units. The one thing that I'm not completely sold on is the navigation... I've always had Garmin so I'm just trying to get a better idea on how it works.

The other thing that caught my attention about this unit was the possibility of upgrading the software to the next generation user interface. In other words if I buy this unit and Pioneer comes out with the Z120BT, I can upgrade the Z110BT to have the same user interface. I don't know for sure if this is a possibility, but Pioneer has done this in the past and the people over on AVIC411 have been talking about this being an option.

Products Discussed in

To Top