Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Out side Temp. display

Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
glassfixer is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
glassfixer's Tacoma Gallery
Out side Temp. display

Hi, I just bought a 2010 Tacoma Acc. cab SR5. I would like to have an outside air temp. display which it did not come with. It come with a rear picture display in the rear view mirror which I would like to keep. Any ideas on an after market products available? Do I have to go through Toyota? Thanks, Glassfixer
Old 02-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to have this too.
I've looked around for some sort of wireless sensor and receiver for temp, but have not found any good solution.

If you find something that looks/works good, please let me know.

Thanks
Donald
Old 02-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this came with the Tacoma, mounted in the ceiling display by the dome lights.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I thought this came with the Tacoma, mounted in the ceiling display by the dome lights.
Base models do not have the temp display... I dont have one--partly because it doesnt work
Old 02-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
skidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the rough
Name: kyle
skidynastar33's Tacoma Gallery
or if anyones know of anything cool to put where the temp/compass guage goes? its not big enough to put any sunglasses.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #6
skidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the roughskidynastar33 is a jewel in the rough
anyone know anything?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I did

There was a member here who modded his overhead console without buying the whole assembly (just the board) on his 09+ truck I believe, with pics.
Here is my setup. Wal Mart $10 wireless inside/outside temp display painted with testors model paint. The unit was originally white. You could probably paint it whatever color you wanted. Velcro'd and works great.
Daytime & nightime pics.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
very nice! im going to have to take a trip to walmart