Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

audio gurus-i need help

Old 02-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
madcatter is on a distinguished road

madcatter's Tacoma Gallery
audio gurus-i need help

i am looking for suggestions on what i should do.
i started with a stock system,first and only thing so far is i installed a jl audio stealthbox and a jl audio amp for the box,.my plan now is to only add front speaker upgrade and also a amp for those front speakers.
who makes a speaker that is a better high end sound with the treble and mid range.i aint worried about bass now the stealth box is in.i was thinking a 80 watt amp or 100 watt would be fine pushing just the front speakers.
i really dont know shit about stereo builds.all i know is i need more power in the front and more high end sound to work with the big amp in the rear.
i imagine i would only ned a 2 channel amp for the front speakers,the rears wont be a issue when the rock starts playin,so i figure i can get a good quality amp and speeaker other than changeing all 4 door speakers and a 4 channels amp.
am i on the right path of a plan???
any speaker recommendations on what i should be looking for,must have a high treble tone ability
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
DaytonLax14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
DaytonLax14's Tacoma Gallery
Have you replaced your head unit yet? if you haven't, I'd do that first.

Also, are you wanting to buy coaxials or component speakers?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #3

i beleive the head unit is fine,if i add a amp that will increase the output,all the head unit does is tune radio etc.
i actually like the head unit--i can turn it to max and no distortion .sounds good just not loud enough.
i guess i have to go to a best buy or something and listen to speakers.thats probably the best way
Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Just look around online. I put Kenwood 6.5 in the rear and Pioneer 6X9 in the front. With a new head unit. Sound is sweet.

So look around get a feel for what ya want then just DO IT.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #5

these are the speaker i am interested in
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?comp_id=128
i dont know what the stuff means like---60 watt continous power handeling or the efficiently.since i like the big ass stealth box and jl amp in the back i guess i will run them up front in the front doors.to use these speakers what size amp should i get???
Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Really dont need an amp with those size speakers. You can but it all depends on the sound you want. What kind of sound u looking for?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #7

ya thats the way it is now---retarded.i knew that going in but thier stuff is pricey--looking for the next step,must have highs cause the bass will be coming from the rear.looking at cruthfeilds site the jl front speakers may also be to bassy,i may go with the infinitys
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086032...si.html?tp=105
watching some of the videos on crutchfeild site is helping.

these may produce some big highs also
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_0...65.html?tp=105
i have about 800 for just the amp/front speaker and wirekit.+install charge
this amp seems good,the rms is slightly higher than what the speaker is rated for
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136G225...50.html?tp=115

these seem to have the mhz high---
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...01.html?tp=105