Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

anyone ever use cadence

Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
polox40 is on a distinguished road
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever use cadence

I came across this while trying to find a small sub just to add a little low end and came across this:

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=523

anybody ever use cadence products?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Cadence makes some decent stuff but some is questionable. That powered sub looks interesting though. I say give it a shot!

92db at 1w/1m is very sensitive for an 8" sub though and I wonder how they accomplished that. I'm almost skeptical...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 PM   #3
snikch is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
snikch's Tacoma Gallery
I am actually very interested in this sub as well. I just about looked at every friggin car audio manufacturer's website to find a solution to add a sub in an access cab without having everything out in the open and taking up what little room there is. I keep hearing about the Boss Audio powered sub but I never liked any Boss Audio products. I never heard of Cadence until I went on their website and this powered sub looks like it might be pretty decent for sure. I just can't find a site that sells it for a reasonable price. I seen it on Ebay a few weeks ago for like $150 US but they would NOT ship to Canada. Oh well, I'll keep looking unless I find another solution for my access cab.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Looks interesting.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
im not a fan of those type of sub/amp combos. those things will have a limited amount of range when it comes to frequencies. i would get 8 or 10" SQ sub and put it in about a 1 cubic foot box and get a decent amp to power it. if you want a good sounding system, you shouldnt lack on the sub/amp.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #6
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
That looks sweet, I wasn't aware that such a design existed. I was planning on getting one of those custom boxes for sale on TW built for my access cab, but I way rather get a decent one of these now!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by polox40 View Post
I came across this while trying to find a small sub just to add a little low end and came across this:

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...&idproduct=523

anybody ever use cadence products?
from what I hear, those sub/amp combos aren't worth it, any of them. I have a Cadence amp, TXA 150.2 and I love it. I love their line of amps, solid and do what they say they are rated for. I do however question some of their low end stuff, but then again it's low end. I haven't used their subs yet (not going to any time soon), I highly recommend their amp line, any of them.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I know the older Cadence stuff was amazing, but that's going back to around 1995. I'm still running a pair of 15" Cadence subs from back then and they'll blow the windows out of the house.

Haven't bought anything from them in awhile. I'd hope their quality hasn't dropped off!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I know the older Cadence stuff was amazing, but that's going back to around 1995. I'm still running a pair of 15" Cadence subs from back then and they'll blow the windows out of the house.

Haven't bought anything from them in awhile. I'd hope their quality hasn't dropped off!
it's questionable, all their ratings are in half (ex. 1200w max but 600w rms), so I think it's a bit hard to believe their amps do that. I believe they do though.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #10

snikch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacovic View Post
im not a fan of those type of sub/amp combos. those things will have a limited amount of range when it comes to frequencies. i would get 8 or 10" SQ sub and put it in about a 1 cubic foot box and get a decent amp to power it. if you want a good sounding system, you shouldnt lack on the sub/amp.
I'm not a fan either. But there isn't anywhere to put a sub box in an access cab that wont take up much needed room. At least with a powered sub you get some bass which is better than no bass. Unless someone has another idea I haven't thought about??
Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #11

if your not using your storage bin in the back, you could do a 4 6.5" sub enclosure there. I am in the process of making it (well first I am saving up to get the materials/parts).
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
From the mesurments of this powered sub it would fit perfect in the bottom of the storage bin behind the drivers side back seat in the DC, im just trying to compact the size as much as i can.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle_cakes View Post
That looks sweet, I wasn't aware that such a design existed. I was planning on getting one of those custom boxes for sale on TW built for my access cab, but I way rather get a decent one of these now!
For the price of them ( TACOTUNES box) plus shipping and duty, im gonna make my own, I have all the woodworking tools, and the space to do it , all the measurment are on line lol, if i decide to go that way , it would be easy to make a extra one .
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #14
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Cadence makes some decent stuff but some is questionable. That powered sub looks interesting though. I say give it a shot!

92db at 1w/1m is very sensitive for an 8" sub though and I wonder how they accomplished that. I'm almost skeptical...

I'm not too savy about this stuff, any other comments on the spec's of this unit?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post

might have used something similar to the SWS design for BMW's. Them things are THIN! but I wouldn't use em.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really looking for something thats gonna shake the windows, what i have here now: (to be installed still in the box)

eclipse SC6900 COMPONENT SPEAKERS 80 w RMS
eclipse SP6510 POINT SOURCE SPEAKERS 60 w RMS
eclipse EA4200 AMP

RMS Power Rating:
  • 4 ohms: 60 watts x 4 chan.
  • 2 ohms: 70 watts x 4 chan.
  • Bridged, 4 ohms: 140 watts x 2 chan.
  • Max power output: 100 watts x 4 chan
so I've got 3 options: use the amp for the front components and bridge the other 2 channels for a sub and run rear speakers off HU (14W RMS output per channel), or use the amp for the 4 speakers and get one of these powered sub enclosures, or get another amp like the eclipse xa1200 and a shallow mounted 10" and build a box"

any advice lol? just wanna fill in the low end , but want it too match the output of the rest

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/kicker-...84-p-3388.html one of these would fit nice behind rear seat without much mod.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #17

snikch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
if your not using your storage bin in the back, you could do a 4 6.5" sub enclosure there. I am in the process of making it (well first I am saving up to get the materials/parts).
Was thinking about that but I'm not so good with fiberglass. Would be nice if someone came up with drop in boxes for our trucks.