Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Bluetooth audio quality

Old 03-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
HPaap72 is on a distinguished road
HPaap72's Tacoma Gallery
Bluetooth audio quality

im looking to install a new system in my '01 ext cab in the near future. a friend had suggested getting a deck with bluetooth audio capabilities so that i can listen to tunes straight from my iphone with out using a cord. i asked a fellow at the audio shop here in flagstaff and he said it was a bad idea, as the sound quality was not the best.
looking for more opinions

anyone out there have experience with this kind of a set up?
pros vs cons
anything?????

cheers
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
packrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pack
packrobottom's Tacoma Gallery
Bluetooth audio is less bandwidth and is more compressed than say listening to your cds or a direct usb cable to your ipod/iphone from the headunit. That being said your installer is looking at it from an audiophile perspective. For the average person it's going to sound great and in a lot of cases be more more convenient than plugging in your device everytime you get in your car. Make sure he's just not trying to make more money off you. It's a moot point anyway as good modern decks come with both direct links and bluetooth so you're good either way if you find the wireless bluetooth audio not to your standards, you can just use your ipod/iphone "cabled" or a cd. Personally I'd definitely want bluetooth if I was getting a new deck as it's a godsend for phonecalls etc.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
idk about iphone, but with my droid i can just plug it straight in the stock hu and use that kind of like bluetooth-- if im listening to music and a call comes thru, it stops the music, the call comes over the speakers, i can talk without ever holding the phone, then when the call ends, the music comes right back on!!

edit-- after re-reading the OP, i see that what i said has absolutely nothing to do with your situation-- sorry!!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
I used a bluetooth unit for my iphone and it sounded terrible, worse than fm radio! It would be ok for phone calls, but you don't want to listen to music over it.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
packrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shedpackrobottom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pack
packrobottom's Tacoma Gallery
nah they don't sound that bad. If you have like a pioneer z110bt
Old 03-14-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
The new Pioneer line has great bluetooth capabilities(audio and phone), however plugging straight in will also charge it. The best bang for your buck is with a "parrot" bluetooth. Kenwood uses their technology or you can go with this unit which is great for iphone users...

parrot MKi9200

Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you use your iPhone like a iPod? Hook it up to the USB or AUX to iPod dock?