LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

~"~~"Best sounding Sub"~~"~

Old 03-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitaco View Post
hey guys i've been looking around for a sub n right now i'm thinking of getting the JL Audio 12w7 what would be a better sounding sub??? size doesn't really matter because i'm going to leave it on the back seats so that i can remove them at will.what would be a amp to power them also???

Mahalos

Kicker L7 's hit harder then anything i have ever heard! All you need is 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWaz6bs5p3I
Old 03-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
DaytonLax14 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
DaytonLax14's Tacoma Gallery
They would sound even better if they weren't in a prefab box
Old 03-14-2010, 01:25 AM   #23
05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed05offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
05offroad's Tacoma Gallery
The JL debate goes on and on. I like JL but agree it is somewhat overpriced. For what the op said he wants id say a w6 would be fine. less pricey then a w7 but will still rattle your brain haha. w7's are just obnoxious and cost a lot. w6 if you want to go with JL. Alpine type r's are good too. w7s are too much bass and cost to much money.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
Too mant choices really. Image Dynamics IDMAX, JL W7, Polk SR, Kicker L7, Fi Q-BL-BTL, Digital Designs, there isnt a real answer. Depends on budget.

Good luck with what ever decision you make.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #26
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
i have always been a big fan of JL Audio. even though i run JBL 12's atm. but keep in mind the box is just as important as the sub!!!! a JL sub in a crappy box will sound like sheeeeet!! a crappy sub in a badass box will sound decent if your amp is hitting the rms rating on the sub and not approaching the max/peak wattage the sub will handle.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
Dealer/Sales Rep for Sundown Audio.
atsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really niceatsaubrey is just really nice
atsaubrey's Tacoma Gallery
bottom line, the bos is as important as the sub.

I once heard this statement and live by it yet today, totally true if we are talking true SQ.

"let me do the front stage right, and I can throw a Bazooka tube in the back seat and you'll win competitions"
Old 03-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsaubrey View Post
bottom line, the box is as important as the sub.

I once heard this statement and live by it yet today, totally true if we are talking true SQ.

"let me do the front stage right, and I can throw a Bazooka tube in the back seat and you'll win competitions"
Truth. Think about it, sub bass is 80hz to 20hz that comes out of a sub. Your front stage takes care of the other 19940hz! The content coming out of the sub is only about .3% of the audible hearing range!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #29
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the Eclipse Titanium SW9122 DVC. Two 12's would be perfect!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #30
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Or the Diamond Audio Macdaddy MD 12.8, or the Polk/Momo MM2124 DVC, or the Cerwin Vega Vega 124
Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 AM   #31
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
yea if you want something to show off its going to cost alot more. if you want something to just for an upgrade then its not as bad on the pockets. with that said dont buy a w7 and hook up a flea market amp to it. you might be able to buy a flea market amp for 300 bucks and it says 2000 watts but you might only get 500 or so.

so if you going to do something do it right the first time and cry about it one time.