Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2002 double cab sub woofer box

Old 04-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
mjmsms69 is on a distinguished road
mjmsms69's Tacoma Gallery
2002 double cab sub woofer box

I just wanted to tell all Tacoma audiophiles that I located a place in CA that custom makes sub boxes for Tacomas. I put a new Kenwood system in my truck, replaced the four speakers in the doors. When I picked the truck up at the stereo shop, I was told that there was no sub boxes that would fit under or behind the rear seat, and after spending 750.00, the new system didn't sound much better than the factory. I went on a search and found this company on Ebay under subwoofer boxes. I had it made and in about ten days it arrived. The same outfit supplied the thin 8" Pioneer subs, and now it ROCKS! Drop me a mesage if any questions.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmsms69 View Post
I just wanted to tell all Tacoma audiophiles that I located a place in CA that custom makes sub boxes for Tacomas. I put a new Kenwood system in my truck, replaced the four speakers in the doors. When I picked the truck up at the stereo shop, I was told that there was no sub boxes that would fit under or behind the rear seat, and after spending 750.00, the new system didn't sound much better than the factory. I went on a search and found this company on Ebay under subwoofer boxes. I had it made and in about ten days it arrived. The same outfit supplied the thin 8" Pioneer subs, and now it ROCKS! Drop me a mesage if any questions.
okay, I'll ask.... who was the seller, was it expensive, and do you have some pics? Also where in cali was the seller located?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #3
mighty1taco is on a distinguished road
mighty1taco's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a 2002 4dr. and i was wanting some pics of you truck and box.
i was going to take out the middle of my back seat to fit 2 12'', but 2 8''s seem mor practical
Old 05-23-2008, 03:58 AM   #4
hardtaco will become famous soon enoughhardtaco will become famous soon enough

hardtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Details, details. Do tell, and show!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #5
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
MrMarv builds quality boxes for Tacomas and is also located Cali.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 AM   #6
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
MrMarv builds quality boxes for Tacomas and is also located Cali.
I'm actually working on a new design for you pre-2005 guys using those exact subs and if somebody in the area with one of these trucks would let me use it for a test fit I'd take care of you VERY well.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
I'm actually working on a new design for you pre-2005 guys using those exact subs and if somebody in the area with one of these trucks would let me use it for a test fit I'd take care of you VERY well.
Are you in MTRY are or SC area?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
Jmetz is on a distinguished road

Jmetz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
Mr. Marv, do you make anything that will fit some shallow mount 10's back there? Everybody makes boxes for the 8's, but come on, who really want's 8's?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
tacomadoublecab is on a distinguished road
tacomadoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Im looking to add a lil bang to my double cab but so far all Ive seen is 8s but i want to go with 10s. Any updates with pics from anyone?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
Jmetz is on a distinguished road

Jmetz's Tacoma Gallery
So far the best solution I've seen is the Kicker TCVT10. There is someone here that is running them. I can't remember who though. They had removed the plastic on the back of the seats but I'm not sure if it was necessary. Unless I come across something else that will work, this is the direction I'll go when I have the money.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #11
Mr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Marv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marv
Mr Marv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
Are you in MTRY are or SC area?
Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
Mr. Marv, do you make anything that will fit some shallow mount 10's back there? Everybody makes boxes for the 8's, but come on, who really want's 8's?
I can build an enclosure that will fit 10's however the real question is are you willing to break out the torch so the enclosure will fit?!
Unfortunately Toyota wasn't thinking about you guys adding some bump when they designed the pre 2005 trucks and there really is not enough room back there. I have not looked closely but there may be a possibility of moving the seats a little bit forward and if someone can bring me a truck I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadoublecab View Post
Im looking to add a lil bang to my double cab but so far all Ive seen is 8s but i want to go with 10s. Any updates with pics from anyone?
Please see above.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #12
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
subs

can We see any ACTUALL PIXS OF THIS SUB in the truck and how much $$$ are we talking about...