LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

First time changing speakers, question though...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
First time changing speakers, question though...

ok so off toyotanation i got a sweet deal for like 130 shipped, i got

2x pioneer ts-a6963r 6x9 speakers
2x pioneer ts-a643p 6.5 speakers
autocommand remote starter (brand new)
and a k&n drop in filter....

anyways i got everything today and i haven't taken my doors apart to look but what speakers go in the front of my 2010 dcab, the 6x9 or the 6.5?, they have the adapters glued onto em' already...i'm thinking, if it's possible, that i would put the 6.5 in the front and the 6x9 in the rear? am i right with this setup? or do the 6x9 have to be in the front? thanks in advance....
Old 03-10-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
6x9's are front, check out tacotunes site for pics of install and let us know how it goes, I will be doing it as soon as I get some dynamat, only want to go in once.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yupp 6x9s inthe front and 6.5 in the rear doors. Wait until you see the stock speakers...what a bunch of crap
Old 03-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool thanks guys. Yeah sure they r crap. Honestly I wasn't een planning on changing em yet but I couldn't pass up that deal. Hey u guys just cut the wires or did u guys get the speaker plug adapters?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
i don't believe in cutting wires. i lef thte stock wire in place and ran new wires to the amp.

if you aren't running an amp, i'd get adaptars. i might have some laying around at home. if i do, and you want them, you can have them.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
AKA "06tacosport"

Yeah I'd rather not cut the wires but I'm having a hell of a time finding plug and play adapters. None of my local shops have em. Only place I've been able to locate them was at crutchfield. Yeah if u have em let me know what u want for em
Old 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
Yeah I'd rather not cut the wires but I'm having a hell of a time finding plug and play adapters. None of my local shops have em. Only place I've been able to locate them was at crutchfield. Yeah if u have em let me know what u want for em
pm sent
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by egtaco View Post
wait until you see the stock speakers...what a bunch of crap

x10000000000+1

Products Discussed in this Thread