1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best sytem I've ever had!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by razz8085, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Apr 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM
    razz8085

razz8085 [OP] Member

Member:
    I've put together a few stereo systems before and I have to say what I just put in my 08 Tacoma Double cab is the best sounding system in any car that I've ever had. What's even better is I spent a total of $660 and did not have to drill or cut a damn thing. Here's a run down of what went in:

Head Unit: PIONEER DEH-P7900BT
    Dash Kit: Scosche TA2052B in factory matched silver
    Speakers (all 4 doors): Pioneer TS-A1682R 6-1/2" 4-way
    Speaker mounts: Double cab kit from www.*********.com
    Subwoofer: KENWOOD KSC-SW1 DUAL 6.5" POWERED ENCLOSED SUBWOOFER

The head units that Pioneer put out this year and last take a little time to get used to but have a way cleaner look with so many of the buttons removed and replaced with the mult-control knob. They also have a lot more ability to control and tune each component of the sound system than other stereos I've had (i.e. Kenwood, Sony). It has a 7-band equalizer which was intimidating at first but if you take the preset equalizer setting you like best and adjust from there, it can do wonders for the sound.

The Scosche dash kit in silver matches just about perfectly and still has some style over the black dash kit I've seen.

The kit I got from *********.com has everything you need and made installation super easy. There was a small problem with my order but they're customer service was unbelievably awesome. I placed the order, received it, and had the problem corrected all within one week of ordering. They are the best.

Lastly, the powered subwoofer from Kenwood...this was the biggest surprise. I was willing to sacrifice big subwoofer sound to avoid having to buy a custom enclosure, subs, and amp and then figuring out how to get it all installed cleanly. I came across this all in one number by Kenwood which is an older model but can still be found. Turned out to be perfect. Not only does it fit behind the rear passenger seat without even mounting it (no removing, drilling, or cutting anything). It puts out way more bass than I could have imagined and super clean tight sounding bass at that. I found a refurbished one on ebay for $125 shipped.

So, just a super stoked guy wanting to share with other Tacoma owners who might appreciate it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    thats a good deal and thanx for posting part#s
    :worthless:

3. Apr 21, 2008 at 6:45 PM
    razz8085

razz8085 [OP] Member

Member:
    Here are pics of the head unit and Kenwood powered sub after Rick's ever so subtle suggestion. :p

DSC00525re.jpg
    DSC00528re.jpg
    DSC00529re.jpg

4. Apr 21, 2008 at 6:48 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    thanx razz. that looks great. did you do the install?

5. Apr 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM
    razz8085

razz8085 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yeah, I did the entire install myself. If anyone needs any install advice or suggestions, hit me up.

6. Apr 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Good job on the install. Thanks for the pics.

Products Discussed in

To Top