Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

BradleyJ33's 2nd Gen Audio Installation

Old 03-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Talking BradleyJ33's 2nd Gen Audio Installation

Figured I'd post some pics from my audio install over the weekend. Went with the Pioneer Avic-Z110BT, Rockford Fosgate Power 5 1/4" components in front doors, RF Power 5 1/4" full range in rear doors, 2 Rockford Fosgate Shallow Mount 10" subs, RF Power 400.4 amp for door speakers, RF Punch 500.2 pushing subs, XM adapter, ipod adapter, SWI-PS, Fatmat and Ensolite on all doors, rear wall, and floor. Once we got it all installed, it sounds absolutely amazing. Great range on the subs, and the highs and mids are crystal clear.

Sorry for the blurry pics...will try to get a few clearer ones of the head unit soon!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man...who made the sub box?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats a great price! think im gonna go with this one ..thanks man
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
nice sub box
Old 03-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Clean up the wires a bit and I'd say you nailed it. Looks great.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great... nice job!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
thegreatsam will become famous soon enoughthegreatsam will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
thegreatsam's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job!

Does that box block the child restraints at all?
Old 03-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
thegreatsam will become famous soon enoughthegreatsam will become famous soon enough

Name: Sam
thegreatsam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
Yeah, they're behind it, but they are intact. I might still be able to clip a child seat into it by just leaning the box forward to get to them, then leaning it back again. I'll know in 5 months when my first child gets here!
Well, congrats! Mine arrived 4 months ago.

I was thinking about ordering that same box, but now I'm not so sure. Do you think that you can cut into the box to get to the latch easier, or would that cut into one of the chambers?

Edit: Similar to this box: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...tml#post204463
Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #12
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

I think that you would have to cut into the chambers to get to the 2 end hooks...the only one that it might work for is the middle one, in my opinion. It works on that box b/c there is only one enclosed area, rather than 2 like the box that I have.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
nice setup. i was going to use the same amps, but both punch series. had to sell them cause they wouldnt fit on my amp rack. i take it they sound good?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #14
Geaux Tigers

They sound fantastic. I've always had punch subs, but this is the first time I've tried the RF speakers in the doors. I went with the power series for the door speakers and the amp for them and I'm amazed at the sound. They're crystal clear, no distortion at any volume. And they weren't terribly expensive either if I remember right. Got the front components for $150 and the rear door speakers for $65, all on eBay. Paid $200 for the Power 400.4, and $150 for the Punch 500.2, also on eBay, all brand new in the shrinkwrap, not refurbed. Just be patient and you'll find great prices on all the stuff.