View Poll Results: Well?
I ordered from TT and I would do so again. 148 19.53%
I ordered from TT and would not do so again. 66 8.71%
I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them 171 22.56%
I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future 278 36.68%
scoob is ghey 95 12.53%
Voters: 758. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #201
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
I can make a box like theirs and including an even better sub for less than theirs. Since I make custom boxes and i work for onlinecarstereo.com I have the hook ups!
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #202
slimbrspickins is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
slimbrspickins's Tacoma Gallery
Just out of curiosity how much do the speaker baffles from Mr Marv compare to the Tacotunes in price? I was actually going to be placing an order with Tacotunes for 6.5 and tweeter mounts but now I'm not so sure. If the prices are about the same I would just a soon go with Marv as everybody says he is a great guy to deal with. I would call Mr Marv but I'm not quite ready to order and I just don't want to take any of his time just yet if I can find out here. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #203
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered the adapter kit for my RC (round stock speakers, not 6x9) and the package arrived within a few days. Fit like a dream and the tweeter hole was drilled perfectly for the Polk tweeters.

BUT.....

I sent them an email asking about wiring since some had mentioned that unplugging the tweeter killed all sound. I never got a response.

So... Proceed with caution. They have good products, but they are not the cheapest and I'd rate their customer service/response a solid zero.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #204
amishmatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
amishmatt's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get your question answered?

I had a similar question about wiring and where to tap in, and PM'd Mr. Marv. He called me on my cell while I was installing to answer my question, and took another call from me later on. I bought my speakers and adapters from him, and not only are his prices and products first rate, but his customer service is outstanding. Can't recommend him enough.

So, just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to tacotunes...
Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #206
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Good job on the install, but the Dynamat covering the openings in the inner door panels is not doing anything other than adding weight and smell.

Dynamat does not absorb sound. It dampens vibrations on other surfaces that amplify/transmit sound.

You would be better off rolling the window up and getting in there and putting a layer on the inside of the outer door skin.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #207
witaco is on a distinguished road
witaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure I'm gonna get slammed for this,being my first post. I placed an order with TT on Thursday. Got fed ex shipping confirmation last night(Sunday),stating its in route from Texas. Before I placed my order,I sent an email asking questions about the bad reviews I read. TT responded within the hour of me sending the email,answering my questions. I've gotten emails from Rob telling me the progress of my order every step of the way.So far,so good.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #208
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
it's nice to see that we are finally starting to see more positive reviews.

for a long while, everything was negative.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #209
jsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsauce8921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
jsauce8921's Tacoma Gallery
i think i got the wrong link... who is the mr marv you speak of??? this is what i found and dont think its correct... you be the judge

http://www.iammrmarv.com/#!__mr-marv--home
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #210
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
just seems too expensive for something i could make in my garage. i guess the only thing i ould but its the wire adapters for the door speakers
Old 06-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #211
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStradaXR View Post
I can make a box like theirs and including an even better sub for less than theirs. Since I make custom boxes and i work for onlinecarstereo.com I have the hook ups!
couldnt find a double cab box on your site for 2nd gens. you have a link?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #212
RebelX is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
RebelX's Tacoma Gallery
Were people's experiences with them really that bad? I bought a front fascia thingy from them a couple years ago for my dads Tacoma (which is now mine) and it works fine. Now that we have two, I plan on getting another front fascia thingy for my dad's new Tacoma. I guess the problems lie in their speakers and wires and that stuff but my experience with their front fascia thingies has been fine.

However, I will say that after reading this thread I will put more consideration into different brands.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #214
cho is on a distinguished road

cho's Tacoma Gallery
I have read many mixed reviews regarding www.tacotunes.com and I was hesitant to order anything from them.

I contacted Rob regarding the reviews I had read and he explained the shipping complications. Also, he assured me that their shipping issues had been resolved.

I ordered the Image Dynamics CTX65CS for the front doors and the Image Dynamics CTX65 for the rear doors late on a Sunday evening. I received them promptly on Friday of the same week. TacoTunes has responded promptly to every question I have had. I honestly could not have asked for better service.

The speakers sound excellent and the speaker mounts fit perfectly. I suppose threads like this one may be making a difference!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #215
jgorniak is on a distinguished road
jgorniak's Tacoma Gallery
My story

I found a reference to TacoTunes somewhere here before I found out about all of the issues people were experiencing. I had e-mailed a question to Rob and he replied promptly.

After checking out the videos on his site I decided that I'd take a shot at doing this myself. I hadn't installed anything audio-wise in a vehicle since I put a cassette deck in my girlfriend's Toyota Corona about a million years ago (yeah, I'm old).

Shortly after placing my order, I started finding all of the negative posts about TT. Within a day though, I received a FedEx tracking number, along with an estimated delivery date. Not bad, things are moving along nicely. Since I had just gotten my Taco, I'd ordered a lot of stuff for it, and I noticed that both FedEx and UPS tracking forms usually showed when the packages were received by the shipper. My TT order only showed a delivery date, but not a pick up. Hmmm...

When the delivery date rolled around (about 5 days later) and there was no package, I immediately thought I was getting hosed. I sent an e-mail to TT to cancel the order. Magically, a few hours later, there was a sign of movement on the FedEx site. The package had been pick up, and I had a new delivery date. Rob contacted me, apologized for the delay (no explanation), and the order arrived.

My work schedule was now off, so I couldn't start the installation immediately. When I did get around to it, I found that my Scosche dash kit had magically turned into a Metra kit. Didn't really matter; I went ahead and ordered a Scosche from Amazon and got it the next day. I just didn't feel like putting up with a possible delay waiting for a replacement kit from Rob. Anyway, installation went well, with the exception of the dash kit. For anyone wondering which one works or looks best with a 2012, it's just a choice between two equally lame units. I ended up using the Metra because it lined up better with my HU, the Pioneer AVH-P6300BT.

Bottom line: if I were to do it all over again, just for the sake of convenience, I'd go ahead and purchase everything from Crutchfield. If you're trying to save money, you could piece everything together from multiple sources.

Would I buy from TacoTunes again? I'd definitely consider it. But if I did, and I got pissed off because something along the way got fouled up, that's on me. Rob seems like a nice guy, maybe not running the most organized or efficient business, but ultimately it all worked out for me. I'm sure my tolerances and patience are different than yours, so YMMV.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #216
Tacopig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Uniform Patrol
Tacopig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
Kind of strange that hookedontronics does not even own a tacoma, but he states he has purchased from tacotunes.

I spoke to Rob about this thread, he said he would either accept to deny each persons claims.

1st person on list,

JoeSchmuck:
Rob said Joe is right we screwed up, sent his sub to wrong address. We should have shipped another one out ASAP. We thought the guy who received it would ship it sooner. This can be verified by joeschmuck.

The other customers that have purchased please give me your invoice number or email address and I will post rob's reply.
I am currently in a battle with Rob to either finally receive my order or get a refund....
Invoice #: 0000009744
Email: robertson411@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #217
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
i ordered a steering wheel interface for my aftermarket stereo. im holding my opinion until its at my door step.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #218
good with me so far

I ordered the swi and it came in the mail in 3 days. No complaints there. Waiting for the dash kit I purchased from kevin and a parking brake bypass I ordered from amazon. Then its a go with the stereo tweeking. Ill keep y'all posted. Post some pics.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #219
BEFORE....

AFTER......
Old 10-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #220
Tacopig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Uniform Patrol
Tacopig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerj80 View Post
BEFORE....

AFTER......
What is the model number of your dash kit...I have been waiting forever for the 2012 kit. I installed an '11 kit just to tide me over, I think we have the same head unit...thanks