View Poll Results: Well?
I ordered from TT and I would do so again. 148 19.65%
I ordered from TT and would not do so again. 65 8.63%
I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them 171 22.71%
I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future 274 36.39%
scoob is ghey 95 12.62%
Voters: 753. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #241
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmag69 View Post
I ordered single 10" sub box March 7th received shipping notification on March 12th and it was delivered Mar15th. Seemed a little pricey but I could not find a single 10" sub box.
A bit late, but Sound Off Audio or Supercrew sound...
Old 03-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #242
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered a sub, enclosure, and custom sized tweeter door mounts. I had a questions after the order was placed and never got a response (called and emailed). The order arrived within a week. The enclosure was well built. The tweeter mounts worked though the hole was barely too small. The price was right and the products were well done. Overall, I would give a 4/5.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #243
cnads is on a distinguished road

cnads's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from tacotunes and it was a mistake.

I saw this thread right before I made the order. I did some googling and it seemed like most of the issues that I found people post about were from several years ago so I decided to give them a chance, since they had exactly what I was looking for - double din kit for a 2012+ taco along with wiring harnesses.

I made my order on march 13. I got an email with my receipt for the purchase and have not heard anything from them since. No email saying that my order was shipped or anything. I still have not received my order. I emailed them 2 days ago asking what the status of my order was and when it was shipped out and asked for a tracking number. No response. I am going to call them today when I have a chance and try to ask them. I will be reporting them to paypal if I don't get a reasonable response.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #244
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnads View Post

I saw this thread right before I made the order. I did some googling and it seemed like most of the issues that I found people post about were from several years ago so I decided to give them a chance, since they had exactly what I was looking for - double din kit for a 2012+ taco along with wiring harnesses.

I made my order on march 13. I got an email with my receipt for the purchase and have not heard anything from them since. No email saying that my order was shipped or anything. I still have not received my order. I emailed them 2 days ago asking what the status of my order was and when it was shipped out and asked for a tracking number. No response. I am going to call them today when I have a chance and try to ask them. I will be reporting them to paypal if I don't get a reasonable response.
I emailed them two weeks ago asking if 6x8's will work in the door. No reply.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #245
cnads is on a distinguished road

cnads's Tacoma Gallery
well i called them.. no answer.. no call back.. i emailed them again and then a few minutes later i saw on their website that they have a live chat app on it.. and there was actually somebody there..

they told me that there were additional shipping fees ($10 or so) because it is coming to Canada. I have no problem with that.... but they never sent me the invoice for additional shipping charges! And they never sent me an email saying that there were additional fees.

In hindsight this is partially my fault because it does say in the order confirmation that you will receive a tracking number within 72 hours. I should have tried to contact them sooner. But still, they should reply to their emails.. and answer the phone.. and send you an invoice for additional shipping charges.

But I would highly recommend anyone else that orders from them to follow up with them if they don't have the tracking number after a few days. (and wish you luck getting a response from them)

They provided me a tracking number and covered the additional shipping costs for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnads View Post

Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #246
2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough2013baja is a jewel in the rough

Name: Markus
2013baja's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the mounting brackets for my new 6x9 front speakers. They arrived in a timely fashion and worked as described no problem. Thumbs up!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #247
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I only order mounting brackets from this company, and even then they have screwed the pooch on those orders a few times.

Talked to them on the phone, they said the Alpine Type-R tweeter is a 1 inch cut out. I told him over the phone its bigger than that and I can measure real fast. He got snappy "No need! It's a 1 inch hole and it will work".

It's not a 1 inch hole, had to widen the hole to make it larger and fit the speaker. Was it a big deal, not really. But ordering 100$ worth of MDF/Plastic it shouldn't have to be modified and he could of waited the 30 seconds for me to bust out a tweeter and measure it.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #248
sprucemicataco is on a distinguished road
sprucemicataco's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from them last week. Can't get tracking info. Won't respond to phone or email.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #249
sprucemicataco is on a distinguished road
sprucemicataco's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the "I thought I replied. Checking now." Email. But still not tracking number. I guess this is some sort of automated copout after you send three emails.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #250
Shaowei is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Shaowei's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucemicataco View Post
I just got the "I thought I replied. Checking now." Email. But still not tracking number. I guess this is some sort of automated copout after you send three emails.
Hopefully this helps, but I didn't receive a tracking number or any other correspondence after the initial order confirmation. In the end, I did get everything as ordered. I hope you have the same experience, best of luck!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #251
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucemicataco View Post
link him to this thread...that seems to get him moving
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #252
MadMedic35 is on a distinguished road
MadMedic35's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered speaker brackets from him and they were at my house about a week later. No issues whatsoever
Old 01-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #253
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered head unit harness, steering wheel control adapter, dash kit, and tool kit. Everything arrived promptly but the tool kit is junk. Everything else was good and worked perfectly.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #254
MARKDESMO will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
MARKDESMO's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Ordered ID CTX65CS speakers, upgraded speaker brackets and wiring harness. Ordered on a Saturday and had a tracking # on Monday and the order within 5 days. The box was packed with leftover Christmas wrapping paper and the cardboard tube from it.. cheap.....no speaker wire and a grab bag of nuts and bolts that seemed useless. Needed some help on wiring, called, emailed and tried the chat, no response or any help. The videos on the site are not for beginners like me and knowledgeable people would not need them. I was able to call ID direct and they helped me out, thank g or I would still be pulling my hair out. I would only order the speaker brackets from them in the future, nothing else. I even ripped up the picture of the model they sent..............

btw, the crossover unit with those speakers fits right behind the door handle on each side of the truck. If you mount the crossover to a small bracket you can just unscrew the bolts that hold the metal plate in the door and use those holes and screws for the bracket holding the crossover. That is the only place in the door that will work and up that high on the door the window mechanism has zero clearance to add bolts or screws. Oh yea if you disconnect the stock tweeter with the stock wiring harness to remove it, nothing will work. You have to cut and cap the wire to the stock tweeter leaving the stock wiring harness still connected......That took quite a few f bombs to figure all that out..... Learning the hard way is my way...............................
Old 01-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #255
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted to order a speaker bundle from TT but after reading so many complaints of people who got dicked around by this guy I went another route and spent more money. I know what it feels like to get dicked around from an online order and it sucks. Screw that guy
Old 01-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #256
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
where else can you buy baffles for speakers?
Old 01-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #257
HTX is on a distinguished road
HTX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btacoma View Post
I just ordered some from Mr. Marv on this forum. Heard nothing but good things about him.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #258
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTX View Post
I just ordered some from Mr. Marv on this forum. Heard nothing but good things about him.
Just pm'd him yesterday and he replied right away. Think I'm going that route.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #259
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I emailed Taco Tunes over a week ago and they never responded...I guess that tells me how good their communication is!
Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #260
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btacoma View Post
You could grab some MDF and a pencil, trace around your factory speakers to make your own.