I ordered from TT and I would do so again. 148 19.65%
I ordered from TT and would not do so again. 65 8.63%
I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them 171 22.71%
I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future 274 36.39%
scoob is ghey 95 12.62%
Voters: 753. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #261
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
You can get them on Ebay as well. I think autoware302 was the guy I ordered from. I modified my doors to use 6x9 speakers but they sell the 6.5 adapters there as well. Maybe try Craigslist too, they pop up once in a while.

Never bought from Mr. Marv but heard great things about him always..and he was very helpful when I was looking at ordering from him for my enclosure. Only reason I didn't go through with it is a local member hooked me up with his.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #262
Shawster is on a distinguished road
Shawster's Tacoma Gallery
terrible service

I wish I saw this thread before I ordered.

I decided to be lazy and ordered the steering wheel adapator from them. They took my money right away but like others, I did not receive a tracking number. I've sent 3 e-mails and still nothing.

It's a small part. They could put it in an envelope and mail it.

STAY AWAY. I WOULD NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #263
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawster View Post
I wish I saw this thread before I ordered.

I decided to be lazy and ordered the steering wheel adapator from them. They took my money right away but like others, I did not receive a tracking number. I've sent 3 e-mails and still nothing.

It's a small part. They could put it in an envelope and mail it.

STAY AWAY. I WOULD NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!
When did you order from them? I ordered the steering wheel adapter, dash kit, and wiring harness and got my items promptly. They sent tracking as well.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #264
MARKDESMO will become famous soon enough
Name: Mark
MARKDESMO's Tacoma Gallery
A little off topic, do you think the plastic speaker adapters from TT are better for vibration than using mdf? I did get the plastic from TT, they fit perfect and I hear no vibration from the ID csx 65's.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #265
Feb 4th

I ordered them Feb 4th. It was the same day I made the rest of my order from Crutchfield. Got that in 3 days. Still haven't heard from Tacotunes.

I'm in Canada but I have ordered tons from the States and never had a problem. I'd be fine if I got something and they said it was back ordered, but not even the courtesy of a reply. I like their website as now it says you can only contact them by e-mail.

I thought their steering wheel adaptor would work well since it was specific for the Toyota in that you pretty much just pluged it in. Had I known they don't really ship it, I would've ordered that piece from Crutchfield, spliced it in, and would have had Bluetooth 8 days ago.

I would not recommend these folks. I will update once I actually here from these people.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #266
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like their website as now it says you can only contact them by e-mail.
number is still on their website

210-374-8873

don't know if it's any good.

http://shop.tacotunes.com/
Old 02-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #267
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
maybe try this number

(210) 675-1675

looks like Robert Ruiz (owner) turned TT into an LLC under the name Online Audio Solutions, LLC

source

http://www.manta.com/c/mr5lqsn/onlin...-solutions-llc
Old 02-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #268
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
here is anouther number.

210-374-8874

and email address

robsatx@gmail.com

looks like he works out of a locksmith shop

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=14427...205.12,,2,0.85
Old 02-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #269
Nikuraba29 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Norfolk, VA
Nikuraba29's Tacoma Gallery
Angry F*ck Tacotunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
I will never purchase anything from them.
They have been banned from multiple boards and have received too much negative feedback to chance it.
I ordered speakers and a complete mounting kit back in 2010 from them. I received a speaker box and wiring kit. I promptly emailed them several times back and forth about returning it and getting the right stuff. No response.

Later found a guy on TTORA who just so happened to be selling all of his wife speakers and equipment, bashing Tacotunes that he never recieved his speaker box and wiring. Coincidence? I think they got the orders mixed up, the other gentleman made out by several hundred dollars and I got a speaker box for a 2010 tacoma I have no intention of ever using. Oh, and Tacotunes never made good on fixing my order.

Thanks Tacotunes

S/F

Old 02-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #270
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post

looks like he works out of a locksmith shop

I bet he has a box at the UPS Store...
Old 02-20-2014, 07:34 AM   #271
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
I bet he has a box at the UPS Store...
silly me....yup, you are right. just googled ups store on that street and the address matches. i saw the tacoma in front of the locksmith. wasn't thinking.

well done.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #272
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
maybe try this number

(210) 675-1675

looks like Robert Ruiz (owner) turned TT into an LLC under the name Online Audio Solutions, LLC

source

http://www.manta.com/c/mr5lqsn/onlin...-solutions-llc
interesting, when you google this phone number, it's shows that he is a doctor.

if he is screwing you over, i'd call him. but i'm a dick.

good luck.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #273
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I took a chance. I have emailed them three times and never got a response. So, what do I do? I create an order anyway...

Three days later I had the order in my hot little hands.

I hate having no communication, but they sent my order quicker than I could have hoped!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #274
I'm still waiting

Still nothing. I'm installing what I have from Crutchfield and if I ever get the steering wheel control from Taco Tunes, I'll install it later.

I knew I should've ordered everything from Crutchfield. Now I'm waiting cause I thought the harness connector from Taco Tunes made more sense. Hard to install something you don't have.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:07 AM   #275
Nikuraba29 is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Norfolk, VA
Nikuraba29's Tacoma Gallery
Try Amazon

Quote:
Still nothing. I'm installing what I have from Crutchfield and if I ever get the steering wheel control from Taco Tunes, I'll install it later.

I knew I should've ordered everything from Crutchfield. Now I'm waiting cause I thought the harness connector from Taco Tunes made more sense. Hard to install something you don't have.
Try Amazon for the harness connector. I think a company named metra makes them, in fact you can get the ID CSXT 6(?)component speakers for a comparable price from them as well. I priced it all out and the only thing tacotunes has going for it is that they manufacture the speaker mounts.

S/F

Old 03-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #276
gorgio is on a distinguished road
gorgio's Tacoma Gallery
Have you guys received your orders yet? I was just about to place an order for a component set since it seems nice that you get the speakers and mounting kits all together but.. from what I have read here I am having second thoughts....
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #277
still waiting. Ordered Feb 5th
Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #278
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
still waiting. Ordered Feb 5th
Results are inconsistent, I ordered speaker mounts and had them in less than a week.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM   #279
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meat Popsicle
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
They worked for me but...

I got everything as ordered (speaker mounts) but nothing was mailed until I sent an email to there sales addy. I don't know whether to rate the experience as totally positive based on that fact and what others have said here. I decided because of the complaints not to go with speakers from them since that seems to hold up orders more than ordering just the mdf mounts.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #280
deadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbird8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
deadbird8's Tacoma Gallery
Their website states email is the 'preferred method of contacting them' and here is my recent experience. I liked the look of their speaker mounts and their videos are pretty good. I was also considering their Image Dynamics speaker packages as well.

I sent an email last week with several questions, but this is the answer I received the next day: "This was in spam folder. Do you still need help? Sorry for the delay" -that was it.

I replied that I only sent the email yesterday and yes I had some questions, but never received a response. I tried calling but there was no answer and no voicemail.

I was still looking at the ID speakers and emailed ID to see if Tacotunes was still an active/reputable dealer as listed on their website because they were unresponsive. ID responded same day and said 'yes and they would forward my contact info'.

I finally got a second email from Tacotunes that Image Dynamics had forwarded my info and asked what I needed. I replied with my list of questions again and he responded 'I've had email issues' and only partially answered one question from the first email I sent but ignored the detailed questions. Responses were never more than ~15 words.

On a whim I checked the BBB site- where they are rated an F for delivery and service issues with complaints in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/Business-Reviews/auto-service-sound-systems-sales-and-service/taco-tunes-in-san-antonio-tx-90078965/complaints#breakdown

Any other source for good speaker mounts?