View Poll Results: Well?
I ordered from TT and I would do so again. 148 19.65%
I ordered from TT and would not do so again. 65 8.63%
I have not ordered from TT and I would not order from them 171 22.71%
I have not ordered from TT but i would consider them in the future 274 36.39%
scoob is ghey 95 12.62%
Voters: 753. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #41
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysolis View Post
Although I agree toytiter appears to be a complete tool, he made a valid observation. It appears as though a few of the people that stated they had ordered from tacotunes.com are actually in the process of purchasing equipment at this time. He sent a link to one person in particular that is purchasing a complete system and asking for advice on what they should purchase. So did this person in fact order from tacotunes? Before I could review his other posts with similar information his posts were deleted.

I contacted them regarding front speakers and a new stereo unit. They replied within 1 hour with more info than I thought I could digest.

Regardless of my input, I see more politics than meets the eye.

if you have less then 10 posts you are in favor of TT, if you have more then 100 (or in some cases-5k)posts you dont like the TT... get what they are saying...let me break it down cuz this is a train wreck.

tt sucks because they are preceived to be shady, just saying, and they dont have any customer service.

it IS shady for people with 1-2-3 or 5!!! posts to come to a forum thread about a company and defend it to the death. i have never bought from you but with people like DEL and the group on pages 1-3; I would not.

just my .02 from the side lines... I say throw in the towel here and fix your mistakes, call or email customers and fix the issues that are wrong. they will post about it and then you are no longer in the corner with the dunce hat on eating a mix of paint chips and boogers.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #43
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
Maybe Taco Tunes should start their own forum so they don't get banned from it...
That's great
Old 03-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #44
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarock View Post
Why dont you let the people decide on their own. I had a great experience and I get "flamed" every time I say something positive.

Plus I still see a majority of people that are talking about another thread. Plus I think people should post the problem. I see lots of you talk about the "horror" stories, but seems like most of the time slow shipping.
Talking bad about a vendor also helps people decide.

Like yourself, I've purchased from Tacotunes and never had any problems.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #45
JoeSchmuck will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmuck will become famous soon enough

Navy: Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles
Name: Joe
JoeSchmuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
paging JoeSchmuck...please pick up the white cutorsey phone.
Thanks for the page
That would be me. It arrived finally today. That would be 3 days shy of a month from the date I placed the order. Had the woofer been mailed to me directly, or if Rob had just sent one out immediately after I notified him of the problem, I would have been a happy customer. One thing Rob did do, even though I did not ask for it, was to refund me $50.00. I would have rather had the sub delivered sooner than have the money off but I'm not going to complain about that.

I've already started stripping the truck down. With any luck the installation will be finished this weekend. I wish I had a new HU now.

As for the TacoTunes phone number, yes they have one attached to an answering machine and I was never able to talk person to person. Sending an email followed up directly with a phone message yielded fair response results (an email within no more than 5 hours, usually less).

Also, I would say Rob's prices are competitive so there is a possitive, but having an order messed up and not correcting it promptly is a major negative.

I like this poll and it documents for others the experiences many of us have had, good and bad.

-Joe
Old 03-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #46
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
They do have a phone number
Where!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It's not listed on their website.

This is there "contact us" page straight from their website >>> http://www.tacotunes.com/contact.htm
Old 03-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #47
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
Where!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

It's not listed on their website.

This is there "contact us" page straight from their website >>> http://www.tacotunes.com/contact.htm
gotta click on a product to get hte phone number.

i'm gonna go goggle map the place.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #48
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
gotta click on a product to get hte phone number.

i'm gonna go goggle map the place.
That's ghey.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #49
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
this thread makes me want to buy a router, routher table and some MDF to make my own version of speaker mounts. just to show what customer service is all about.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #51
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unnecessary - We already have MrMarv!
Indeed. You want to see what incredible customer service is? CALL Marv. The guy is usually more excited to talk audio than you are lol! Simply awesome guy to work with.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #52
JoeSchmuck will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmuck will become famous soon enough

Navy: Submarine Launched Ballistic Missiles
Name: Joe
JoeSchmuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this thread makes me want to buy a router, routher table and some MDF to make my own version of speaker mounts. just to show what customer service is all about.
As long as you can use the router table for something else as well because it would take a little time to recover the cost of the table and router and bits and the waste material you created making your templates work. I think it's something you could do but you also need to take into account speaker hole sizes. If you make a few jigs I think you would be okay. Of course your prices would need to be competitive as well and if you included the mounting hardware as well...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #53
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unnecessary - We already have MrMarv!
Yup Yup, I have them on mine, couldn't be happier.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 PM   #54
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
All of you guys saying competitive pricing? That's blasphemy! lol

I've never purchased from them specifically because of their pricing, but I'm also a DIYer and a cheap bastard.

This thread is funny. It's obvious there are some TT trolls. It's pathetic
Old 03-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #55
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
now the % of prior customers that say they wouldn't go back is up to 28.6%. I'd be embarressed if those were my customers.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 AM   #56
tacomarock is on a distinguished road
tacomarock's Tacoma Gallery
Is that % correct?

Kind of strange that hookedontronics does not even own a tacoma, but he states he has purchased from tacotunes.

I spoke to Rob about this thread, he said he would either accept to deny each persons claims.

1st person on list,

JoeSchmuck:
Rob said Joe is right we screwed up, sent his sub to wrong address. We should have shipped another one out ASAP. We thought the guy who received it would ship it sooner. This can be verified by joeschmuck.

The other customers that have purchased please give me your invoice number or email address and I will post rob's reply.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #57
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kind of strange that hookedontronics does not even own a tacoma, but he states he has purchased from tacotunes.

I spoke to Rob about this thread, he said he would either accept to deny each persons claims.

1st person on list,

JoeSchmuck:
Rob said Joe is right we screwed up, sent his sub to wrong address. We should have shipped another one out ASAP. We thought the guy who received it would ship it sooner. This can be verified by joeschmuck.

The other customers that have purchased please give me your invoice number or email address and I will post rob's reply.
dude youve obviously dont have any of their products on your "tacoma" either, remember how Awesome your setup is, show us some pictures or GTFO
Old 03-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #58
Pretty Sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
All of you guys saying competitive pricing? That's blasphemy! lol

I've never purchased from them specifically because of their pricing, but I'm also a DIYer and a cheap bastard.

This thread is funny. It's obvious there are some TT trolls. It's pathetic
So are there crutchfiled and Mr. Marv tolls as well?

I checked with other places prices before I bought my system.

Where else can you get subwoofer box and Image Dynamics subwoofer for $229?

When anyone posts anything good about tacotunes, we are trolls but when others post good stuff about anyone else they are ??
Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
dude youve obviously dont have any of their products on your "tacoma" either, remember how Awesome your setup is, show us some pictures or GTFO
Well, what do you want pics of? I can't put the rear seat down. The speakers and tweets are behind the door panels. Do you want pics of the amps under the seats and the head unit?

I will make you a deal, I get pics up today and you GTFO?

They will have to be cheesey pics from my phone but I will get them up? If you make me the deal, I will take some during lunch - my lunch varies so I should say by end of day.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Quote:
The fact that you, not Rob, are the one trying to excuse the mistakes is evidence the damage has been done. I am not on that list because I have never purchased from TT, but IMO going through this exercise would not do much good. Instead, it will drag out an already painfully long thread and seem desperate.