Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Quick sub question

Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
toymachine will become famous soon enough
toymachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quick sub question

i just installed my sub and amp and i love itttt but whenever i turn off the ignition the sub makes a last loud boom noise. please help
Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you getting the power?

If it's not directly from the battery it might be interference.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
im getting my power directly from my battery. it doesnt do it all the time but 80% of the time i shut it off it makes a last boom
Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
what amp?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
1500w monoblock mosfet amp. brand is xplore? picked it up really cheap at a local shop. and my sub is the one from tacotunes.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
weird...i've never had that happen. perhaps you should turn off your stereo (and amp) before you turn off your car.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #7
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Turn off pop...perhaps a bad ground.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Happended on mine when I inadvertantly hooked the amp's remote turn-on lead to the ignition (switched 12v) lead on my HU. Once I figured that brain-fart out and rewired the remote turn-on to the HU turn-on (power antenna), all was well.