Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Any thoughts on best deal for Stereo/Nav?

Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
ChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud ofChibbMD has much to be proud of
ChibbMD's Tacoma Gallery
Any thoughts on best deal for Stereo/Nav?

Are there any thoughts or leads on a good deal for a stereo/nav system? A year or so when I was looking it seemed like the hot set up was a Pioneer and there were some good deals on Ebay. I also remember some random issues like having to load new maps periodically or something like that. Anybody want to steer a guy in the right direction?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have one but hear that the kenwoods are the ones to beat. i personally love pioneer products, but don't have experience with pioneers new nav units.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
check out crutchfield.com..........awesome place to buy stereo stuff from.......and they are having some good sales right now.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon is always good:

Kenwood DNX-6140:
Crutchfield - $999.99
Amazon (6ave) - $695
Old 03-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyturn View Post
i don't have one but hear that the kenwoods are the ones to beat. i personally love pioneer products, but don't have experience with pioneers new nav units.

kenwoods and pioneer have junk nav on their units. The bluetooth's rarely work as well.

If you want a quality product buy an alpine iva-w505. I've had mine for about a year and a half and it is the best i've ever seen. I am an audio installer so i see a lot come through and deal with people who have a lot of problem with theirs. It is also super easy to navigate which is a HUGE plus when driving
Old 03-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
harvick29 is on a distinguished road
harvick29's Tacoma Gallery
Damn this topic, i still don't know what to get the kenwood 9150 or the pioneer Z110bt, and now alpine, i guess more research to be done.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
alpine or nothing.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Its all about what suits you best. I say go to a best buy or Custom Sounds or any audio place and check them out. Play with all the fetures and buttons. Good luck with it and let us know what ya chose.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
i would find out what the cost is of updating the nav unit. seems that kenwood has garmin nav, might be cheaper to update.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Clarion
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
Really I just threw that out to make your descision harder.