LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

is this therrible shit, or just shit

Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #21
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylpickel2004 View Post
JohnnyTaco's Pioneer Deh-5000UB Single Din Head Unit in the for sale section is a pretty awesome deal. Pioneer makes a great product. IMO you can't go wrong with Kenwood or Pioneer... All of their products from the low end to the higher end stuff are quality made

x2 I have a pioneer HU and love it.
here are some good speakers for sale here too

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...v-baffles.html
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #22
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I would save your $50 towards your savings for a better deck and speaker upgrades later. Do it once, do it right. Just take your time and you can always start with one step at a time. Like HU then speakers, then amp then sub then w/e else left.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #23
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
x2 I have a pioneer HU and love it.
here are some good speakers for sale here too

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...v-baffles.html

damn, that's a good deal. i just saw those same ones in best buy today for $100 and i that wasn't for the tweeters or speakers mounts. i wish i didn't need UCAs right now or i would get them from him today. fingers are crossed that they are still not sold in a few weeks. that would save me from having to make the speaker mounts too
Old 03-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #24
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I heard someone call my name.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #25
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my 2 pennies. If it's not broken, don't fix it. With that being stated, if you're going to do it anyways, you might as well do it right the first time.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #26
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyTaco View Post
I heard someone call my name.
lol, that was fast. if your stuff's still unsold in a month, expect a pm from me
Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #27
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
lol, that was fast. if your stuff's still unsold in a month, expect a pm from me
dude I would pick up those speakers first. they are a really good deal. the UCA's will always be there, for the same price...
Old 03-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
dude I would pick up those speakers first. they are a really good deal. the UCA's will always be there, for the same price...
yeah, but my tires won't still be there if i wait on the UCAs too long

i'm gonna have to think look ahead and see what the future cash flow is looking like....may have to risk the tires for an extra month
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
Daudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaudio is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Daudio's Tacoma Gallery
I always tell my customers that you should build a system. Always start with a head unit, it might be enough for what you're looking for. If you want more then upgrade the speakers. More then that? Now buy an amp. Don't dump a bunch of money on a bunch of crap, you'll end up scraping it and starting over anyway. That pioneer that is being sold is a good deal, you'll be happy with it. Go from there.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #30

thanks for all the help, looks like i have some research/thinking to do...looks like half of you say speackers first and the other half says hu first... i'll be doing both within a short time period, so it just come down to what kind of deals i can get. unfortunately there are good deals on speakers and a hu at the moment

EDIT: scratch that, speakers are sold
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #31
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I installed an aftermarket Kenwood deck when I first got my truck. It improved the sound a lot. I would say all stock I would give the system a 5 out of 10. With the Kenwood HU I would give it a 7.5 with the stock speakers. I now have new speakers and run all the door speakers fromteh HU with no amp and it is fine.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGtaco View Post
I installed an aftermarket Kenwood deck when I first got my truck. It improved the sound a lot. I would say all stock I would give the system a 5 out of 10. With the Kenwood HU I would give it a 7.5 with the stock speakers. I now have new speakers and run all the door speakers fromteh HU with no amp and it is fine.

thanks for the info! i'm trying to get hold of johnny taco abotu the pioneer HU he has for sale, just haven't gotten a pm back...so i'll probably be going your rout. HU, then speakers, and then maybe an amp & sub somewhere down the road.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #33

alright, looks like i'm gonna be buying johnny taco's HU. just to confirm before the deal goes through, y'all think this is a good unit? http://www.caraudiocraze.com/cd-play.../prod_933.html
Old 03-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #34

disregard that last question, i just baught it from johnny taco, it should be here next week
Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #35
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylpickel2004 View Post
This is what was explained to me when i first started to get into the audio scene:

Spend a million dollars on a high quality speaker with a crappy stereo and you will
have a crappy sounding system.
Spend a million dollars on a high end stereo and keep the same speakers, you will have a nice system.

Changing out the h/u before the speakers give you the chance to change the crossovers and eq settings for better tuning. Plus sending a cleaner signal to your stock speakers will allow for more clarity at a lower and higher volume. Adding an amp to power the speakers will allow for more control over the sound, and provide a cleaner power at a higher volumer... cleaner sound, louder volume, less distortion.

The current set up in my 07 is all aftermarket audio. I have one amp powering my mids and highs in my doors. This is done to take all low end away from the doors to provide a louder and cleaner sound without as great of a chance of overpowering the speakers and possibly blowing them. I also have one amp pushing a 10" sub behind my back seat. Rating on the amps are 400x2 pushing the doors, and 250x1 pushing my 10"

Hope this helps a lil more
in a way this is true, if you change the hu out your putting more watts to the 5 watt factory speakers. but if you keep the hu and change the speakers but put a amp to them it would also sound just as good if not better. cause if you keep the factory hu and put new speakers in it once the hu maxes out the speaker will too, but once you hook up an amp to the new speakers to the rms watts then it would also sound nice.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
in a way this is true, if you change the hu out your putting more watts to the 5 watt factory speakers. but if you keep the hu and change the speakers but put a amp to them it would also sound just as good if not better. cause if you keep the factory hu and put new speakers in it once the hu maxes out the speaker will too, but once you hook up an amp to the new speakers to the rms watts then it would also sound nice.
thanks for the info sig. that was a good, easy to follow explaination i just bought a pioneer hu from johnny taco, it should be here monday. next step will be to sound deaden and speakers (both at the same time). and then somewhere down the road i'll do an amp and sub (at the same time) and then i can hook up the amp to the speakers as well. and that should do it for my audio endevor