Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

6x8 speakers for 1st gen?

Old 03-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
6x8 speakers for 1st gen?

I've bought 2 different sets of speakers, both which said they were compatable with the tacoma. The first 6x8 and the second 5x7 (claimed it would fit in same space as 6x8), and both did not fit. Is there somethin I'm missing? What speakers are you all running for the front?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

anybody?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
My 02 came with 5 x 7's, I since added 6.5's since I prefer round speakers over oval. Did you remove your stock ones? What do they look like compared to the aftermarket speakers? Are you sure they don't fit? The screw holes don't line up? Magnet to big?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
My 02 came with 5 x 7's, I since added 6.5's since I prefer round speakers over oval. Did you remove your stock ones? What do they look like compared to the aftermarket speakers? Are you sure they don't fit? The screw holes don't line up? Magnet to big?
The screw holes didn't line up for either set of speakers I bought. Were you able to fit the 6.5'' speakers in without trimming anything. Or did you have to trim and make new screw holes.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminz View Post
The screw holes didn't line up for either set of speakers I bought. Were you able to fit the 6.5'' speakers in without trimming anything. Or did you have to trim and make new screw holes.
The screw holes don't line up but as long as you can screw them into the stock plastic mounts, I don't see a problem...thats how I have mine mounted.