Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

1st System Upgrade EVER.....HELP!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
ryane3681 is on a distinguished road
ryane3681's Tacoma Gallery
Question 1st System Upgrade EVER.....HELP!

I'm getting ready to do my first upgrade and what better place to start then the audio system. I have a 2008 4DR Taco. I've trying to get as much feed back as I can on this.

Front Doors: Boston Accoustic SC60
Back Doors: Boston Accoustic SC65
Sub Woofer: JL AUdio 13' TW5
Amplifier: HD900/5

I don't know what i'm going to do with the deck yet. At the present time, I only have the original factory HU in. I was thinking of using a converter only because it is cheaper than after market. Also, while I'm sure it makes a difference in sound quality, I'm finding it hard to believe that going with a aftermarket deck will make the "night and day" difference that i've read about online. Afterall....how much better could it possibly get with the set up that I plan on going with above. I don't know.....

Any feedback good or bad would be great. I've never done a car stereo upgrade before and are really trying to find out if this is a good starter system.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
I think based on what you just said, is what i'm looking for at this moment and is what's in my budget. What about the speakers, woofer and amp i'm looking at? Have you heard anything regarding them?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
the woofer and amp are an excellent choice!! (what i am starting off with) but i havent heard much about those components...although i have some Boston Acoustics in my house and i love em....im sure you can't go wrong with them...but i would def. say skip the converter and jsut get a new HU...you can get a good one for about 300 bucks online and it wil 1. make the install a lot easier 2. Make everything sound cleaner and 3. Give you a LOT more tunability with the speakers and sub
Old 03-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
save some money by going with cheaper rears or not upgrading them at all... the headunit will add a lot, I would def. Try to fit one in ur budget
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
everyones been saying go aftermarket on the HU....I don't have any real ojections to doing, but i'm the type that goes big or goes home. If i'm going to replace the HU, it's got to have everything....SAT, NAV....the whole nine yards. Unfortunately though it's not in my budget now.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
If you do the factory deck...make sure you run 3 sets of RCA's for now and run the LOC's in the front so you can just use a couple "y" connectors for the amp. That way when you are rdy to do the aftermarket HU, you have all the wiring already wired for front, rear and sub preamp.