1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer AVIC x920BT

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by wolfe0zero, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    wolfe0zero

wolfe0zero [OP] opportunityisnowhere!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD-Offroad shortbed
    Port installs: Borla exhaust Predator running boards Roof rack Bluetooth I-Pod interface Installed Toyota accessories: Bed mat J-hooks for bedrails Hood protector Aftermarket: Pioneer AVIC Z130BT Total Chaos UCAs Toytec ultimate lift kit Wet Okoles Arm rest mod Bed storage lock mod Stubby antenna Wade in channel deflectors Weathertech digital fit mats TYtoshi Grille Redline hood struts Waiting for install: Spidertraxx 1.25 spacers
    Thinking of going this route with my head unit. I like the Pandora feature.
    Anyone have any idea when this thing is gonna release? I've seen March, 2010 but nothing more specific than that.
    Anyone think this thing will be crap? and if so, know of something that trumps it in the same price range. I didn't care for the Z1.

[​IMG]
    Retail is going to be around 1,200.00 from what i've seen.

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    Hmmm, pandora huh? With what internet connection lol?

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM
    wolfe0zero

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Port installs: Borla exhaust Predator running boards Roof rack Bluetooth I-Pod interface Installed Toyota accessories: Bed mat J-hooks for bedrails Hood protector Aftermarket: Pioneer AVIC Z130BT Total Chaos UCAs Toytec ultimate lift kit Wet Okoles Arm rest mod Bed storage lock mod Stubby antenna Wade in channel deflectors Weathertech digital fit mats TYtoshi Grille Redline hood struts Waiting for install: Spidertraxx 1.25 spacers
    Supposedly uses any phone that has pandora capabilities. And yes, I know you can just use the aux but it has an integrated GUI for pandora and shows cover art, artist info... Etc

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    Interesting. Sounds like a cool unit but very pricey. I'd play with one IN PERSON first though and check things like startup time. That was the one qualm I had with the 910bt was that it took over a minute to start up. Wanted to shoot it; so I settled for returning it.

Where you at in Irving? I'm in Las Colinas. If you want to toy with an Eclipse 726e give me a shout and I'll let you try it out for a bit. Who knows, you might like it and save yourself about $400 ;)

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    wolfe0zero

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Irving, TX
    Vehicle:
    Yeah you're probably right about trying it first. I'm Las Colinas as well actually, near lake Carolyn. I'd like to check it out. Does your unit require map DVDs? I think that's the worst flaw with most in dash gps.

6. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM
    ItalynStylion

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, the 726e has all flash based maps so they are very quick.

Best word of advice is to play with them first since functionality is a BIG player in every day use.

7. Mar 17, 2010 at 5:17 PM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    I am subscribing and hoping someone reviews this on here soon. I almost pre-ordered it tonight on Amazon but decided to wait.

With that said, I have never installed an in dash navi unit. Are they difficult to install compared to standard headunits?

Also, I have a factory XM tuner, will it work with this unit so I can keep the shark fin antennae?

Thanks in advance.

8. Mar 18, 2010 at 12:45 AM
    Kwickss

Kwickss Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 TRD
    Just a quick FYI, the 910 version is on sale at crutchfield for 599 plus a 100 mail-in rebate. I had to call to get the price but the guy told me it was a "call in special". The radio retails for a load more, and had a lot of the same features. Like I said, just a FYI.

9. Mar 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    ChaseUA

ChaseUA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Bama
    Vehicle:
    Present: 2016 White TRD Sport DC Past: 2010 MGM TRD Sport AC 4x4
    Just an FYI but it is apparently close to being released. I've been checking on it daily and Amazon now shows it as available with a price of $931.99.

I'm having a hard time deciding between this one and the Z110BT, anyone have any thoughts as to which one is the better option?

I like the features of this one and the fact that it is newer leads me to think it may be an upgrade, but the bigger screen of the 110 is appealing.

10. Mar 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM
    jayshahu

jayshahu Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    RAV4
    check out avic411.com

Currently there is a thread for Z110BT and CDIU50V for $720

Chances are the Z110BT can be upgraded to the Z120 with only a software release.

11. Jul 17, 2010 at 5:44 AM
    avettese

avettese Member

Member:
    Has anyone installed this HU with the stock speakers? I was curious cause I'm about to myself, except I read something in the installation manual about making sure the speakers were 50amps or better and the correct ohm rating. IT was a warning that damge could occur..Didn't say speaker damage or HU damage. Any thoughts?:confused:

12. Jul 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM
    jbone

jbone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    CT
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    Weathertech floor liners, Bed mat, Transmission TSB, disabled seat belt chime, Pioneer Avic- x920bt, TRD catback exhaust, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 (front @ 1.75"), Rear TSB, 17x8 pro comp 7005, 265/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Pro Dry S filter
    I installed this HU about a month ago and I haven't experienced any problems so far concerning the speakers or the hu. I never even saw such a warning in the manual, but I'll take your word for it. There is definitely a major difference in sound quality, even with stock speakers. I love it so far.

Also, if you are gonna install the avic x920bt in your tacoma, can you tell me how to wire the speed wire (or something) to the factory wires? I haven't hooked up that wire yet cuz I don't know where it goes. I think its supposed to help with the GPS signal and ecograph.

13. Jul 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM
    avettese

avettese Member

Member:
    JBONE, no, I have not connected those wires yet. I did see somewhere that one of the wires, the one for reverse was a 12 pin grey connector at the drivers kick plate, pin 1 (I think that's IH3), a red wire with a white stripe. I looked at that wire, and it seems pretty heavy gage and looks more like a power wire. So I was a little afraid to attach to that without some sort of documentation to back it up (no pun intended..lol). The other wire was a black connector near the fuse box, I haven't looked at that yet. Did you connect the emo brake connection? If so, could you post a pic so I could see if it's the same place that I ThinkI should connect to?

One more thing, for some reason, most of my menus are grayed out, I can't get to any of the settings menus, bluetooth...ect. IS this because the emo connection is not made?

14. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    jbone

jbone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech floor liners, Bed mat, Transmission TSB, disabled seat belt chime, Pioneer Avic- x920bt, TRD catback exhaust, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 (front @ 1.75"), Rear TSB, 17x8 pro comp 7005, 265/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Pro Dry S filter
    Yea, most of my menus you are talking about are grayed out too. It sucks to not be able to get into the system settings or use the bluetooth, but we just need to figure out where the rest of the wires we're talking about go to and then it'll probably work.
    When you say emo brake, I take it you mean emergency brake? No, I haven't connected that because I was going to do the bypass. However, I messed up the green parking brake wire when trying to remove it from the pin hole that is on one of the avic's harnesses, so I need to figure something else out.
    I haven't even looked under the driver's area yet for any wires, so I can't help you there.
    So basically I'm at a standstill until I call up sonicelectronix (the place where I bought it from) and see if they can help me. I just need to find some time to take everything apart again and figure it out.

15. Jul 19, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    avettese

avettese Member

Member:
  16. Jul 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    jbone

jbone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Nice find, let me know how it works out

Products Discussed in

To Top