Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Sirius Or Similar Radio for Tacoma?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
NC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to all
Army: 1st Air Cav - 18 Months VietNam
Name: Bill
NC Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Sirius Or Similar Radio for Tacoma?

OK, I am lost when it comes to audio and my Tacoma. 2010 Access Cab PreRunner - 4 cylinder, 5 spd manual. The 2010 models come with the little satellite antenna on the roof of the cab. I have the stock single CD/AM/FM Tacoma Radio. I am not into speaker upgrades or subwoofers. If all I want to do is set my truck up to receive subscription radio (Sirius or XM) reception - going about it as simple as possible - what do I need to do? Do I replace the stock factory CD/Radio that came in the truck? Thanks for any help with this. I will probably pay to have it done unless it's real expensive.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
You will need one of these:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1153

and you will also need a sirius/xm kit for your stock radio. You can get one of those from a local car audio shop.

Her is the DIY.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...09-tacoma.html
Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
NC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to allNC Coast is a name known to all
Army: 1st Air Cav - 18 Months VietNam
Name: Bill
NC Coast's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks "linwoodm" and "Tallyman89" for your help. Yes, my stock radio has a button that reads, "AM/SAT" - so with that confirmed what do I need - just to buy a SAT receiver? Like I said before - I know nothing about this stuff!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
If you click my links and read it, they will tell you everything you need, and how to do it yourself!