1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What if you don't subscribe to XM

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by knayrb, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mar 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    knayrb

knayrb [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Somewhere in the square states
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    Does your JBL premium system still toggle to Sat 1, Sat 2, and Sat 3 without a paid subscription? I would like it to just go around to FM1, FM2, AM, and MP3/CD?

My trial subscription is up in April. I'm going to try for the $77 deal that many internet forums including this one talk about but I ain't paying the full price. It's not worth that much to me. It's not like I am getting HDTV with a dual tuner DVR in my truck. If I can't get the deal I'm not subscribing.

2. Mar 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    If you opt not to pay for the xm after the trial period your truck will just skip past the SAT 1,2,3 portion. At least that is what happened to me last week when mine expired. Like you I thought about keeping it and trying to get the 77 dollar price. I even contacted them via email. They never contacted me back so when it stopped the other day I just said oh well, no major loss. Personally I was just listening to Bluecollar comedy anyway.

3. Mar 17, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    knayrb

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    That is so me. It's usually between 49-Classic Rewind and 148-Bluecollar. Maybe because we are both in our early 50's. :D

My wife says I can get a year subscription for my birthday next month. I don't think it's worth it if I can't get the $77 deal. I'm planning on calling in the next few days so I'll tell you how I make out.

4. Mar 17, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I agree. I would have gone for the 77 bucks if they had contacted me after I left them email. Ya, we do have similar tastes. I liked a lot of the 50's,60's, and 70's. Also most of the modern country.
    good luck. Hope you can get the deal. Maybe sometime when I have nothing better to do I will try to contact them again.

5. Mar 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    knayrb

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    Whoo Who! :yay: I called and got the $77/yr. deal. It comes to just over $88 because of the starving artist royalty fees. I didn't give them my credit card so they can't automatically take out the full rate next year. I'm paying $2 more for an invoice fee.

6. Mar 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Every year my husband gets the $77 deal and he's been getting it for like 5 years.

Every year during his renewal period, he calls them and they say, "I'm sorry sir but we can't honor that price" (or something like that). My husband then says, "I want to cancel my subsription". Then they say..."Why?" and he says, "Because its not worth it"

They transfer him to another department.........a new person comes on and says, "Ok, sir....we'll set you up with the $77/ year, would you like to continue with your subscription?"

Kinda hilarious....and a pain in the ass to have to do that every year.

Products Discussed in

To Top