Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

6x9s in the rear

Old 03-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
tacomiker is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacomiker's Tacoma Gallery
6x9s in the rear

Anyone running 6x9s in boxes behind front seats instead of a sub.Just looking for feedback, thanks
Old 03-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
tacomiker is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
tacomiker's Tacoma Gallery
abump
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing that you'll be hard pressed to find someone that has done this. What would be the point? 6x9 is essentially a standard speaker... why wouldn't you just run standard speakers in the rear stock locations?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you want to give up space in your access cab to do essentially the same thing as putting speakers in the stock location.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azTRD View Post
I'm guessing that you'll be hard pressed to find someone that has done this. What would be the point? 6x9 is essentially a standard speaker... why wouldn't you just run standard speakers in the rear stock locations?

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you want to give up space in your access cab to do essentially the same thing as putting speakers in the stock location.

Our years don't have the speaker panels in the access doors. I'm assuming he doesn't wanna hack up the doors like myself.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
azTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedazTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

azTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
Our years don't have the speaker panels in the access doors. I'm assuming he doesn't wanna hack up the doors like myself.
Ahh... that makes more sense. So you don't have speakers in the back of your truck at all?

Is it possible to get speaker panels from another year and install them in your truck? I would hate to give up the space if there were other options.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you should be able to just order panels from an older year truck and install those on the rear doors, but unless you get them used, chances are they won't be cheap.