Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

**Help upgrade my system

Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
**Help upgrade my system

I recently got a system from a member but already want to upgrade....heres what i have...

Pioneer amp gm: 5400t
10" subs x2: ts-sw2541d.

Basically i want more bass...i listen to alot of hip hop...i use to have a 12" kicker L7 sitting in my back seat but i cant have that anymore as it takes too much room....

What mid bass speakers do u recommend for my front doors? im new to car audio so any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #2
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
any 6x9 for the front would work and 6 1/2 for the rear door, but if your running a factory head unit you have to get a amp for those mids as well. if budget is a issue then pioneer works pretty good for its money. all depends on how much you want to spend.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:35 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have to lose cargo space for more 'bass'.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357sig View Post
any 6x9 for the front would work and 6 1/2 for the rear door, but if your running a factory head unit you have to get a amp for those mids as well. if budget is a issue then pioneer works pretty good for its money. all depends on how much you want to spend.
i have a pioneer avic d3...is it good to still get a amp for the mids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
You'll have to lose cargo space for more 'bass'.
how much more cargo space and from where? did u not see my pic? i took out all the oem plastic cargo from behind the seats and added the box
Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've see a lot of people having shallow mount like JL Audio TW5's. All I can tell you is subs need air space. Yes the shallow mount is a good design...sadly they won't have the bass you'll want from the music you listen too. Do what I did? See sig.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
SoCal Tacomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I've see a lot of people having shallow mount like JL Audio TW5's. All I can tell you is subs need air space. Yes the shallow mount is a good design...sadly they won't have the bass you'll want from the music you listen too. Do what I did? See sig.
nice set up...i guess if i want that sound ill have to just go back to having my box chilllin in the back...

Will my pioneer amp that i have be enough to power my 12" kicker L7?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #7

Bridged at 4 ohm it will be only at ~380 watts rms. A single 12" Kicker L7 is rated at 750 rms/1500 peak. You will be underpowered. You can get away with a ported box, less power. But of course a ported is louder but larger box.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
Speed Holes
JohnnyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
JohnnyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I were you, I'd sell everything you have, and save up some money. Than contact Mr. Marv for 2 JL TW5's and a maxed out box that fits your truck. Than mount 1 or 2 amps under the seats or something. It's too hard to work with limited spacing.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
SoCal Tacomas

^^ thanks for the info guys.